imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2018, 06:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Anyone else stating to dislike SEAL Team? The first few episodes were good, but the budget clearly went into them, resulting in a succession of bottle episodes and traipsing around whatever "ruined city" set was available.

Not to mention constantly teasing gunfights that either don't happen at all or are just out of sight.
Also less gun fighting and more like a replacement for The Unit.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Not new, but I'm watching High School of the Dead for the first time since Netflix removed it a good number of years back and I forgot just how great it is. Certainly one of the better zombie works out there. Too bad it seems to be dead in the water. Would love to see new episodes.

I also forgot how gratuitous it is with the breast and butt shots. XD

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 AM

So I'm watching Altered Carbon on Netflix and they've clearly dug out the weapons from the "generic sci-fi guns" stock. The usual collection from Blade: Trinity (those things got a lot of mileage), Timecop Beretta, KSG, the usual.

Last edited by Mandolin; 02-06-2018 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Not new, but I'm watching High School of the Dead for the first time since Netflix removed it a good number of years back and I forgot just how great it is. Certainly one of the better zombie works out there. Too bad it seems to be dead in the water. Would love to see new episodes.

I also forgot how gratuitous it is with the breast and butt shots. XD
Too bad the creator of the manga is dead now so we'll never get to see the end.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-07-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Too bad the creator of the manga is dead now so we'll never get to see the end.
Really? Oh, man, that sucks. Well, at least there's Gate, Black Lagoon (which I didn't see all of due mainly to my on-screen guide not recognizing unaired episodes as new and thus not recording them), Gundam Wing, MSG 08th MS Team, and Sailor Moon* to soften that blow.

And on the topic of Gate, I found myself a little disappointed with the initial battle between the Empire and JSDF in Tokyo. I was expecting an epic curb stomp, only to see a single dragon shot down by a Cobra gunship, then cut to "3 months later".

*Don't judge me, I loved this show as a kid.

Last edited by Spartan198; 02-07-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:16 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I wouldn't necessary call it "the franchise’s most popular subseries", but it's certainly the only subseries if we're going to define a series as more than one game.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/6/169...ivision-report
Old 02-07-2018, 03:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

And on the topic of Gate, I found myself a little disappointed with the initial battle between the Empire and JSDF in Tokyo. I was expecting an epic curb stomp, only to see a single dragon shot down by a Cobra gunship, then cut to "3 months later".

*Don't judge me, I loved this show as a kid.
The manga of Gate is a lot more detailed action and not as PG as the anime. You should look it up.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:10 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I wouldn't necessary call it "the franchise’s most popular subseries", but it's certainly the only subseries if we're going to define a series as more than one game.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/6/169...ivision-report
Would be nice if they made a Vietnam game where the weapons actually come from that era rather than being the usual suspects.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Would be nice if they made a Vietnam game where the weapons actually come from that era rather than being the usual suspects.
It was obvious that the first Black Ops used weapons from previous games and poorly reskin them and on top of that added optics that don't belong to the era.

Funny enough, one of the poster ads for Black Ops have one of the main characters using a rifle that is more appropriate, complete with a Colt scope

Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Well, just finished Gate. Have to say I liked it. It's ... oddly satisfying to watch the Empire's forces get unequivocally decimated at every turn by the JSDF.