imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM

There are plenty of those, on one forum a guy was claiming he used his single shot .22 to hit squirells at a quarter mile and his 50bmg build to hit gophers between 1 and 1.5 miles.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Sorry i prefer more punch. Sinle, precise shots. I dont rely on rate of fire. And in reality you cant hit everything in the head. .22 holes in the chest dont really drop something hyped up on drugs all that effectively, especially in FMJ form. Good ammo like 75gr TAP may give me more faith...as far a FMJ military ammo and war, Id take a .308. In civilian life too.

All m16 arguments go into the m1a vs ar-15 debate.

"5.56 is more controllable in full auto"

Yeah, cause we can all afford or legally buy class 3s.....

"it's not about caliber, itws about shot placement"
In that case, why not 10/22s? ....Oh, so caliber does matter? Taking back your original stateent?

"With 556 you can carry more ammo"

Well, if i drop things with a single shot instead of a 3 round burst, im using less. Dont need as much.

".308s are heavy."

Yep, an extra pound of rifle....big deal.
Christ you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reread what I posted. I didn't mention one word about full auto. I mention control and double tap. Do you know what double tap is? Two quick shot two pull of the trigger. You don't go burst or full auto as other people posted on this thread. The only time you do it is to maintain suppression.

See that video on that I posted. They didn't use full auto or burst they use semi-auto. It trigger manipulations. That's one of the things that they teach you in combat class, trigger manipulation and gun control.

What happen when a 22lr hit the heart. The same thing happen when a .50 caliber hit the heart. The same thing happen when a .30 caliber hit the heart. 30 seconds or less to live.

Do you actually think one shot of .30 caliber will drop a guy? Have you seen a person that got hit multiple times with 30mm cannon and still moving? 30mm is twice as big as a .50 cal and is consider heavy weapon.

Do you actually think that every shot you pull will hit the target just like in the movies? You're living in a fantasy world. That's not real combat. In Vietnam for every 100,000 round fired we got one kill. In the first Gulf War we cut that down to 10,000 rounds for every one kill. The 10,000 to 1 is the best in the world.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 PM

Im not basing that on only your post, ive seen this debate say....evryday on other forums. That said I dont think 308 is the best round, just better than 5.56mm. Id personally want a intermediate caliber but the 6.8 isn't really living up to the hype (the 77gr 5.56 military round delivers equal energy) and 6.5 grendel doesn't feed reliably. I dont like the Ar system. Some people are obsessed with them. Some people like AKs somehow. If 223 was so powerful there wouldnt be so many states banning the for use on deer.