imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Heat has the distinction of being the first rated-R movie I saw in the movie theater. It came out about a week after my seventeenth birthday, so I drove to the theater myself (with my new driver's license) and watched it alone. (I hate going to movies by myself now.)
I enjoy going to the movies by myself since if I go with my brother, he always bothers me when I'm trying to concentrate on the film.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

I've got no problem with going to the movies by myself, I do this quite often if I go in the middle of the day if I am off work. I saw Thor 2 the other week on my own for example (good movie BTW, weird mid-credits scene though).

Once I have been in a cinema literally by myself though, which was really weird. I remember going to see Elektra and when the movie started there were only 4 people including me in the cinema, and by 40 minutes in the other 3 had walked out. I even got up and walked down the isle to see if there was anybody else but it was just me. At that point I made a couple of phone calls and then just got my laptop out and started playing C&C Generals.

I loved Generals, I need to try reinstalling that and seeing if i can get it to work on my current computer.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I've got no problem with going to the movies by myself, I do this quite often if I go in the middle of the day if I am off work. I saw Thor 2 the other week on my own for example (good movie BTW, weird mid-credits scene though).

Once I have been in a cinema literally by myself though, which was really weird. I remember going to see Elektra and when the movie started there were only 4 people including me in the cinema, and by 40 minutes in the other 3 had walked out. I even got up and walked down the isle to see if there was anybody else but it was just me. At that point I made a couple of phone calls and then just got my laptop out and started playing C&C Generals.

I loved Generals, I need to try reinstalling that and seeing if i can get it to work on my current computer.
I love Generals. I still play it every now and again.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
How have you not seen Heat until now?
I've only found it on TV twice in the last two years (I do weekly searches for it) and I could never seem to find it on DVD.

I'm ashamed.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I think it's connected to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that'll be released next year.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-22-2013, 02:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I think it's connected to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that'll be released next year.
That isn't why its weird (I'm a comic guy so I know about what the scene is setting up), the problem is with how it looks and sounds. Without giving anything away, it is total tone whiplash after the rest of the actual film, the look of it is like something out of 60s sci-fi, and it has some dawn bizarre acting in it. If that is what GOTG is like (perhaps a bit better as I think filming this scene was pretty rushed) this sort of stuff may work in the context of that, but it felt really weird tagged straight onto the end of a Thor film. IMHO, it would have worked better for the end and mid credit scenes should have been swapped round, although I do understand them wanting to actively hype GOTG though.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've been playing Battlefield 4 and well...Apparently the best Assault rifle in my opinion is the QBZ-95 and it is actually modeled on the real thing and not the 97 misnamed. Also in the single player the only sidearm you can use is a revolver...stupid.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Does the single player suck as badly as the one in 3? I still remember 3's was so rigidly scripted that if you ran ahead of where the game thought you would go during "Rock and a Hard Place" the enemies would actually run past you and have to turn around
Old 11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Enemies are kinda hard to kill sometimes and some missions need to trigger events, like the boat mission. You hijack a chinese gunboat and you are supposed to take it back to your ship but your ship keeps getting farther away from you no matter how fast you are going. Then I checked and you are supposed to destroy all enemies around you first but that's not what the objective tells you.

I like COD Black Ops 2 better at weapon choice and customization. BF4 has a similar system where you can pick your guns for the mission but unlike Black Ops 2, you can't choose your weapon attachments, which is bullshit.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-22-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I like COD Black Ops 2 better at weapon choice and customization. BF4 has a similar system where you can pick your guns for the mission but unlike Black Ops 2, you can't choose your weapon attachments, which is bullshit.
So what's the point then? If I prefer using a given weapon I want to be able to set it up for the situation at hand.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.