imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM

I believe that you should be able to own a full auto gun if you haven't commited any felonies and take a one time class

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 PM

16" minimum barrel lenth for rifles, 18" for shotguns. Anything less is a SBR/SBS (short barreled rifle/shotgun) and needs a tax stamp.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What was that one politician that wanted to ban barrel shrouds but didnt even know what they are?
I don't remember anyone who didn't know what barrel shrouds are. I do remember that Chuck Schumer didn't know the difference between a "magazine" and a "stock". He once participated in a debate where he said that the AWB imposed a law on "more than 10-bullet stocks".
Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U this is the lady that doesn't know what a barrel shroud is.

Oh and I found this vid to be funny to listen to. These are the kind of women that makes men think women don't know anything about guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQN1u_aPgcM&NR=1

Oh and THIS is the funniest attempt at "gun free zone" I have ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_7a...eature=related

And I just found this about Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2MW...eature=related

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-21-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM

The laws themselves aren't necessarily stupid, but most of the time the reasoning behind them is. I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I've heard .50 cal rifles were made illegal in California after a criminal shot an LAPD helicopter out of the sky with one in SWAT.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The guy must have been skilled

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
The laws themselves aren't necessarily stupid, but most of the time the reasoning behind them is. I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I've heard .50 cal rifles were made illegal in California after a criminal shot an LAPD helicopter out of the sky with one in SWAT.
I've never heard that, but it sounds absurd. Or at least, the Wikipedia page on the ban says nothing about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Cal...on_Act_of_2004

As for .50-caliber rifles, I'm not sure if they shouldn't at least be regulated under the NFA.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

I do think that any large caliber weapon should at least be kept track up. You'd never know what kind of idiot would go around blowing shit up with a .50 BMG, but I've never heard of anyone criminal or terrorist using a .50 to harm people. Sounds like a stupid weapon to use on the general public

Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've never heard of anyone criminal or terrorist using a .50 to harm people.
In the U.S.? No. Outside of this country? Yes. Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_A...2%80%931997%29

The Barrett rifles that they used were originally purchased from American FFLs (which is also how the IRA got most of the "Armalites" it used).

More recently, we've learned that some of the Mexican drug cartels have also purchased Barrett rifles in the U.S., and those weapons have been recovered in raids. They haven't actually used them so far, but that could change.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well the idea that a man can purchase a 50 and use it on people is very realistic, but even though it hasn't happened yet, doesnt mean a law should be in place to ban people from getting the rifle