imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

I still think it's a bit too large. It is a trivia bar after all. Perhaps a table that is skinnier would be good.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think instead of on the side, it should be right under the quote section

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I still think it's a bit too large. It is a trivia bar after all. Perhaps a table that is skinnier would be good.
The way my suggestion works I'd be implemented in a way that wont clutter or lengthen the page needlessly. Imho.
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
It looks great. But someone has to remember to update the facts. A new set once a month perhaps?
Anybody who's a member can update it any time.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Anybody who's a member can update it any time.
Where is that?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Chinese man, prease click here
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkovich View Post
Thank you very much.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 AM

Okay I think I am seeing a problem with the trivia section primarily what goes into it. We need to be more picky about what is included.

I will explain now and the reasons in bold.

Quote:
... that there are barely any discernible differences between the outward appearance of the [[Beretta_M9#Beretta_92F.2FFS|Beretta 92F]] and [[Beretta_M9#Beretta_92F.2FFS|Beretta 92FS]]?
Not really what I would call trivia, it's not really interesting even to a firearms buff because "M9" is just the military designation and not a different gun really It's like saying "There are little to no difference i appearance between the AR-15 and the M16" Except that the M9 is only different from the Beretta 92FS in name. <.
... that [[Bruce Willis]] used a [[Die_Hard#Beretta_92F|Beretta 92F]] in the first ''[[Die Hard]]'' movie, but a [[Die_Hard_with_a_Vengeance#Beretta_92FS|Beretta 92FS]] in the [[Die Hard 2|second]] and [[Die Hard with a Vengeance|third]]?
While this can be classified as trivia I don't think it's trivia section worthy. It's just like something you read and go "umm okaay...herp derp"
... that the [[Desert Eagle]] "point five-oh" used by Bullet-Tooth Tony [[Vinnie Jones]] in ''[[Snatch.]]'' was actually chambered in .44 Magnum?
While it is trivia it just comes off as pedantic IMHO and only adds to people's perception of IMFDB being anal and snarky.It's also not really interesting IMHO and is from a semi obscure film.
... that the gold plated [[Taurus PT92]] with pearl grips and a black barrel used on ''[[Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball]]'' also saw use in ''[[Driven to Kill]]''?
I'm kind of on the border of this one, now if these films were well known I think it would be a good piece of trivia however both films are sort of obscure so I don't think the average IMFDB viewer would be all that thrilled by reading it.
Now these right here are fine examples of what I think should be allowed in the trivia section, they are all items that I think most anyone who reads them will be intrigued by.

Quote:
... that most firearms used on ''[[A-Team, The|The A-Team (TV Series)]]'' are actually semi-automatic only? The actors were told to pull the triggers rapidly and in conjunction with the sound and special effects the illusion of automatic fire was achieved.
A Mainstream show coupled with a dynamic piece of trivia, a perfect example.
... that during Yuri Orlov's ([[Nicolas Cage]]) review of the weapon stockpile in ''[[Lord of War]]'', the production actually used 3.000 real [[Lord_of_War#SA_Vz.58_Assault_Rifle|SA Vz.58 assault rifle]]s?
A Popular film that has a thought provoking trivia piece.
... that all of the "[[AK-47]]" rifles in ''[[District 9]]'' are actually modified [[Galil#Vektor R5|Vektor R5s]]?
A Popular film and a trivia piece that explores vis modding
... that in Soviet films such as ''[[Solo Voyage]]'' and ''[[Pirates of the XXth Century (Piraty XX veka)|Pirates of the XXth Century]]'', the [[Sturmgewehr 44]] stood in for the [[M16]]?
A WW2 Firearm well known by many impersonating a firearm from the modern era, I'm sure many will find this interesting.
... that director [[Michael Mann]] used [[Barrett M82]] sniper rifles with live .50 BMG ammunition to destroy a car for a scene in ''[[Miami Vice (2006)]]''?
Displaying that something that occured in the film was the real deal should be interesting to the most mainstream reader.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 01-25-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkovich View Post
What does being Chinese have to do with this? I'm Chinese and I like an explaination

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What does being Chinese have to do with this? I'm Chinese and I like an explaination
I think it was because of Funkychinaman's username