imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Have you handled many other non-rimfire, traditional double action pistols?
Yup. Why are you acting like I don't know anything?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-07-2010, 10:32 PM

I think hes just seeing what your comparing the smith against. If youve shot other da/sa guns like sig, hk, etc.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Yup. Why are you acting like I don't know anything?
You haven't presented me with any reasonable comparisons or a lot of evidence that you do know anything in your posts. Most of the time you repeat a lot of stuff that is defamatory or irrelevant or you draw on stories that you've heard or seen which are defamatory or irrelevant. "This gun is crap cause I know a guy who had one jam repeatedly" or "my gun is awesome because it's the perfect size" are not good arguments or points to make, they are founded on isolated incidents with one subject. It's fine if you're offering stuff like that as open data, but if you're claiming they are facts, or even your opinion, you're wrong.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
You haven't presented me with any reasonable comparisons or a lot of evidence that you do know anything in your posts. Most of the time you repeat a lot of stuff that is defamatory or irrelevant or you draw on stories that you've heard or seen which are defamatory or irrelevant. "This gun is crap cause I know a guy who had one jam repeatedly" or "my gun is awesome because it's the perfect size" are not good arguments or points to make, they are founded on isolated incidents with one subject. It's fine if you're offering stuff like that as open data, but if you're claiming they are facts, or even your opinion, you're wrong.
Wrong. For example, I hate the Beretta 92 for a 2 reasons, not for the simple reason of "I don't like it": 1. I have almost lost one friend and one family member because it would not fire in 2 seperate incidents when the guns were in operational condition, and 2. It doesn't handle in a way that I am comfortable with.

Quote:
you're claiming they are facts, or even your opinion, you're wrong
So my opinion, no matter what, is wrong?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I think hes just seeing what your comparing the smith against. If youve shot other da/sa guns like sig, hk, etc.
Compared to the H&K USP45

If Yournamehere wants to repond to me, send a PM

Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 AM

An opinion based on limited or no evidence or false information is wrong.

As far as the Beretta judgment goes, handling is important, but just because a gun doesn't handle the way you like it doesn't mean the gun itself is bad. I know a bunch of people who love Berettas and swear by them, so are they wrong because one person, you, disagrees with them? You shoudn't look at the handling issue as "this gun is bad and I hate it because it doesn't handle in a way that I am comfortable with" but as "this doesn't handle in a way that I'm comfortable with, so I myself don't like the ergonomics, but hey, I have specific tastes and a certain hand size so someone else might like this." This goes back to your solipsistic attitude, just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work at all.

As for the gun failing, I'm not clear on your story, but that's one or two guns out of millions, so it's not fair to discredit the designs reliability because one or two guns didn't work. Anyhow, I'm just saying be more objective and less subjective (and hateful) in your analysis of guns, or if you don't do that, don't pass yourself off as a gun expert or one who is firearms knowledgeable, because you're passing on miopia and ignorance a lot more than valuable firearms information.