imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 PM

* feverishly runs off into his sister's room and dives into a box of her clothes in an effort to camoflage himself under layers of pink and lace*
Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
In one of the cartoons, a very dark one that I could have sworn was a Sunbow, Snake Eyes kills Storm Shadow, after it is revealed that they trained together under the same ninja master, who Storm Shadow murdered. Snake Eyes then kills Storm Shadow.

Bazooka was also killed in that cartoon.

Quite a change from the comics, where it took like three years before a Joe was killed off for real, and it was General Flagg, and it took atleast 14 issues before that story line was resolved.

Smith, how can you be so cruel and insentive? I already have to deal with Duke being portrayed by a male stripper.
That was GI Joe Resolute, which sadly never went beyond a movie. I would've much preferred a Resolute series than Renegades.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
In one of the cartoons, a very dark one that I could have sworn was a Sunbow, Snake Eyes kills Storm Shadow, after it is revealed that they trained together under the same ninja master, who Storm Shadow murdered. Snake Eyes then kills Storm Shadow.

Quite a change from the comics, where it took like three years before a Joe was killed off for real, and it was General Flagg, and it took atleast 14 issues before that story line was resolved.
I think you are thinking of the G.I Joe Resolute mini series from 2009 (which was pretty dark and really good IMHO), I seem to remember Storm Shadow killing Bazooka off screen near the beginning and then Snake killed him later (here is the scene in question). The only time I remember any mention of ninja training in the early animated stuff was in the movie where Jinx talked about being trained by The Blind Master.

Edit: FCM beat me to it, knew I shouldn't have wasted 10 minuted watching clips from Resolute on youtube...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I think you are thinking of the G.I Joe Resolute mini series from 2009 (which was pretty dark and really good IMHO), I seem to remember Storm Shadow killing Bazooka off screen near the beginning and then Snake killed him later (here is the scene in question). The only time I remember any mention of ninja training in the early animated stuff was in the movie where Jinx talked about being trained by The Blind Master.

Edit: FCM beat me to it, knew I shouldn't have wasted 10 minuted watching clips from Resolute on youtube...
I don't know why every actor who does Storm Shadow has to give him a stereotypical kung-fu villain accent. The guy is American, heck, he met Snakes Eyes (and Stalker) serving in the same unit in Vietnam.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't know why every actor who does Storm Shadow has to give him a stereotypical kung-fu villain accent. The guy is American, heck, he met Snakes Eyes (and Stalker) serving in the same unit in Vietnam.
Although, in all fairness, the Sunbow series didn't do that to Quick Kick or Tunnel Rat.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Smith, how can you be so cruel and insentive? I already have to deal with Duke being portrayed by a male stripper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
Major Bludd was also killed off-screen, apparently on Cobra Commander's orders, though I don't recall why exactly. It's been a while.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten Major Bludd. I actually watched Resolute on AFN while in the Sandbox.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I think Major Bludd dying in Resolute was the first GI Joe character I've seen die in any of the series. (He died pretty early in the film, if I recall.) The Sunbow series never culled the earlier characters like Transformers did in Transformers: The Movie (nothing Michael Bay has done or will do can ever surpass this film.) TPTB even chickened out of killing Duke.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I remember that. As much as I love Duke, going so far a to use him as an avatar occassionally, I thought that cheapened the story line.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I had forgotten Major Bludd. I actually watched Resolute on AFN while in the Sandbox.
I saw it when they showed it in movie form on Adult Swim. Prior to that, it had been aired as a microseries of 10 minute segments on either AS or online.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman