imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Stretch out on a bed and relax for a few minutes, if it's a muscle problem it should help. It could be a chyropractic problem though, do you crack your neck or back often?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My lower back started to hurt from my little jog today. Any tips on how to help soothe it?
I've had issues with back and neck pain, though they were mostly inherited from my days as a sculler. I have yet to see a chiropractor, but usually, lying on my stomach and pressing up my upper body helps after a run.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

i guess i'll be dealing with this pains i am not used to as i workout more. A product of beign a fat guy and not exercising

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Stand straight, the strain is from slouch and bending. Standing straight also opens lungs. Keep arms real close to body. Keep hands open. It conserves energy. Also, breathe in a rythm, changes in breath pattern will confuse your body. Keeping oxygen in muscles will help them all.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
i guess i'll be dealing with this pains i am not used to as i workout more. A product of beign a fat guy and not exercising
You really might want to divide your time between running and an exercise bike. Plenty of people I've known who have dealt with obesity-related pains find that it works best for them when they do a mix of time on the bike and actual running (either outdoors or treadmill). Not to mention, it breaks up the monotony. Also, it isn't strictly an obesity thing; running causes pains for almost anyone, even thin guys like me. The non-stop impact of your feet against uneven ground (or even smooth ground) just sends endless vibrations through your spine and hips that wear them down.

Another good thing to try is the ergometer, which burns hella calories, but can also fuck up your back if you have poor posture and technique. But if you do it right, it tends not to have the same impact as running (which is inevitably going to put stress on your skeleton no matter how correctly you do it).
Old 07-16-2009, 01:58 AM

Avoid cracking your back or your neck before running.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I stretch before i run, not crack it

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Do 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, and 10 squat thrusts everyday for every post I accumulate here on this forum and you'll be able to hump Ma Deuces 10 miles a day without breaking a sweat before you know it.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

I can do 10 push ups and squat thrusts, but I really suck at push ups and advice on how I can do push ups?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM

Start with weights, high reps, to build muscle mass and endurance.