imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkardarkstar View Post
to add to this: your not an operator, you wouldn't understand.
That's the great thing about Call of Duty: I can pretend to be an operator and pretend I understand.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM

I cant wait to play MW2 with an FAL and winchester 1887. I also will put dual wielded colt anacondas and deeges into a class, i may just add one custom class as the "fun" slot.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I really think it is stupid they put in akimbo ability in MW2. It's stupid, not even the Tom Clancy games did that.

At first I thought it was getting a bit overwhelming with so many new guns to play with, but the dual wielding is just stupid

They had other things like, you can stick simtex on someone and explode them, throw knives, etc

I mean, the back story seems pretty interesting and the recent trailer had the same kind of shock and awe the first MW had, but some of these new additional gameplay is just plain ridiculous

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-07-2009, 06:48 PM

I think there is too many guns, especially seeing they'll try to "balance" and make guns stats rediculous (g36c having more range and power than m4, etc.) and turn even badass guns into crap (like the m1014.) They also put as many tacticool guns and a ton of bullpups as they could. I reaad an interview where it said guns like the famas were put in because people thought they were cool in other games. I hope weaponry makes sense in the new game, I'd like to see Russians with ak-74s and makarovs, not ak-47s, dual berettas, augs and p90s.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 AM

Yeah, I think Call of Duty is devolving the way that the Rainbow Six series did.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 PM

I agree. I just think it's way too much. They went a little over-board with the kill-streaks I think. And with all these guns they're adding, you know at least a couple of them won't be used at all because there is some other gun superior to them in almost every way. They just can't make all of them great. And some of them don't make any sense really. It seems like they put some guns in that are just slightly smaller variants of other guns. The MP5K? How different could they make that from the MP5?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 AM

And who will use pistols when you can have a shotgun or a submachinegun as a secondary? And you can keep stopping power! To get two guns you used to need overkill, which would make your guns suck due to no stopping power. Now it slike, WTF. I also hate "balancing." If you unlock guns at high levels they should be good, not just re-arranging stats.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzer View Post
The MP5K? How different could they make that from the MP5?
Most likely, it'll lack range and accuracy but makes up in firing rate.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-17-2009, 07:01 PM

He survived! The glorious mustache will return in MW2!

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-407343.aspx

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

Also, we're going to see Price again!