imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 AM

I saw some used ones but they didnt have checkered stocks and were not a much cheaper. They were about 500. I mean i know they hold value well but that for a used? Ill just buy new.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 AM

I find that online and in my area (maybe not yours), you can get Winchester made '94s for around 300 dollars, so when I get some spare scratch that isn't going toward another gun or gear, I'm going to buy one in .30 WCF just to have.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I find that online and in my area (maybe not yours), you can get Winchester made '94s for around 300 dollars, so when I get some spare scratch that isn't going toward another gun or gear, I'm going to buy one in .30 WCF just to have.
You don't really see them out here for some reason. I thingk the most common guns around these parts are surplus rifles, hunting guns and ARs with anything else being significantly harder to find

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 AM

The 94 doesnt impres sme, the wood quality is poor, although they are a decent gun the marlin wipes the floor with it. I want to get a 686 p, and send to clark custom for some work (moon clip conversion, action job, chamfering) and then ill have aawesome carbine and wheelgun in same caliber.

I also want a sphinx 3000 pistol but that will be hard, them not having an importer and all.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 AM

I don't know of any quality differences, but I like having the name on the gun and the lower price. I'm also referring to older Winchesters and not current production ones, if they still make the 1894 at all. I might consider getting one in .357 to go with my Model 19, but it'd also be nice to have one in a genuine rifle caliber (.30 WCF) as well. Decisions, decisions.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The 94 doesnt impres sme, the wood quality is poor, although they are a decent gun the marlin wipes the floor with it. I want to get a 686 p, and send to clark custom for some work (moon clip conversion, action job, chamfering) and then ill have aawesome carbine and wheelgun in same caliber.

I also want a sphinx 3000 pistol but that will be hard, them not having an importer and all.
686 doesn't need any extra work. Smoothest revolver besides the Model 19 that my Grandfather and father have ever used, and they are Colt guys

Old 11-05-2010, 01:55 AM

Im a trigger snob and moonclips are cool.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Im a trigger snob and moonclips are cool.
I love the trigger on my 686. It's just right for me

Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 AM

Was your 686 made before they changed the firing pin design I:E is the firing pin still attached to the hammer itself? Does it have a dash number?

I've fired both old and new Smiths, and an old Colt Trooper and the Colt had the lowest amount of pressure needed to actually pull the trigger, but the target trigger and hammer setup on my 19 is superior im my mind because the trigger has a smoother, less stagey pull, and clean breaks, albeit with a hair more weight for pull. The 686s I've handled, pre and post firing pin change, were not as good as either the Colt or my Smith, but the pre's were still pretty good for a stock trigger setup.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Was your 686 made before they changed the firing pin design I:E is the firing pin still attached to the hammer itself? Does it have a dash number?

I've fired both old and new Smiths, and an old Colt Trooper and the Colt had the lowest amount of pressure needed to actually pull the trigger, but the target trigger and hammer setup on my 19 is superior im my mind because the trigger has a smoother, less stagey pull, and clean breaks, albeit with a hair more weight for pull. The 686s I've handled, pre and post firing pin change, were not as good as either the Colt or my Smith, but the pre's were still pretty good for a stock trigger setup.
Firing pin isn't attached to the hammer. Just thyinking about it, I may just be used to shooting guns with heavy triggers, so k9870 probably will need the trigger job