imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

I have a gunshop and lots of ammo. I'm set.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I have a gunshop and lots of ammo. I'm set.
Just be sure you have plenty of food and water on hand. It wouldn't do you much good if you were trapped in your shop, and die of starvation before you could fight your way out to get some provisions.

David.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 PM
IMFDB Admin

If I needed provisions, I'd hop in one of my dad's pickup trucks, put some guys in the bed with high capacity weapons or shotguns, and drive to the closest grocery store. The closest one is only a mile away, and we could fill the bed up and drive back or something, I don't know. I don't think I'm too prepared for a zombie invasion, but it doesn't matter anyway.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:26 AM

I'm thinking about using a kneeling bus as a portable wall. If you drop it on it's tires there's only an inch or two left between the chassis and the ground.
One of the two segment bus dealies could be parked across a road, and people could fire out of the windows high on the side, which open so you can look down or straight out(not up).
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Panwich Krauser

double barrel 12 gauge. never jam, most common ammo for a shotgun, cheap and easy to use. i'd have a .22 pistol on my side with as many bullets that'll fit in the mag if the my boomstick fails (yeah right) or i can't reload in time. that's for the real zombies, as in fast as molasses.

if they're sprinting everywhere which seems to be the new cool thing in undead flicks, i'd have a striker street sweeper and a glock 18c. not for the full auto but the fact it's 9mm and had a 30 round mag.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:33 PM

A glock 17 can take the 33 rounder too. And pistol calibers aren't that common now a days, as you see. Id carry a .45 since i could get some off local police. Id love a .357 mag, one to the chest should be all it takes. Havent seen 38/357 around though.... May get that dan wesson CBOB at Cabelas.

For a main gun, Id get any rifle i could get my hands on. .308 is a great combat round but id be fighting so many people id need smaller ammo unfortunately. The mini 14 is the way to go, rugged and quick pointinbg for me (much more so than ar-15s)
Old 05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What do you mean pistol calibers aren't that common now a days? And a lot of police forces uses 9mm handguns, some uses .40 so it's really some chance if you find .45 ACP just because it's a police station.

And remember, these are zombies, they don't feel pain and even if you blow a hold through them, unless you get a bullet that knocks them on their asses, it's just going to be harder on you to shoot.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
What do you mean pistol calibers aren't that common now a days
Well, look at the shelves. Me and my friend have been dying to take his kimber out but theres no .45, anywhere. The only pistol cal anyone has in stock in any big is 5.7x28mm. Theres shortages everywhere. Just ask anyone with a .380.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM

I have heard that the Armsel Striker is pretty much the counterpart to peanut butter.
(Jam)

That might not be the best tactic.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
I have heard that the Armsel Striker is pretty much the counterpart to peanut butter.
(Jam)
Clever.

I'd want this custom SPAS-15 I saw on a shooting competition once, the guy built a 25 round drum custom for it. Or any other gun like the AA-12 (but not on full auto, it's a waste).