imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Also, I've just seen this trailer and I want to watch that movie and possibly marry it.
I want to see that badly. If it's successful, it could lead to other Giant Robot movies.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I don't know what movie this is
Um, I just told you the name of the movie in the post, dude...it's called "Ten" and it is directed by David Ayer. They're filming it in Atlanta now.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I thought you were spelling out the number...I know, stupid me.

You know what else caught my eye about Arnold in this photo? For the first time ever, Arnold is displaying trigger discipline

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-16-2012, 03:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
The rear sight seems okay, but that front sight, wow.
Maybe it's supposed to double as a tiny bayonet?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
You know what else caught my eye about Arnold in this photo? For the first time ever, Arnold is displaying trigger discipline
If it's a David Ayer movie, I would imagine that Arnie and the rest of the cast went through extensive firearms training, exactly as Keanu Reeves did for "Street Kings". So expect a similar level of realism here.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 AM

I may get shit for this, but I absolutely hated Neon Genesis Evangelion. Too much angst and nihilism, and I couldn't fucking stand Shinji. I got sick of him quick with his spinelessness and feeling sorry for himself all of the time.

I don't mean to piss any Evangelion fans off. I'm just saying that its not my cup of tea.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I may get shit for this, but I absolutely hated Neon Genesis Evangelion. Too much angst and nihilism, and I couldn't fucking stand Shinji. I got sick of him quick with his spinelessness and feeling sorry for himself all of the time.
You're not actually supposed to like Shinji, the show is about what would happen if you put a real nervous loser into the situation depicted in giant robot anime (ie he would become a nervous loser with severe shellshock).
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Actually the manga adaption and the new Rebuild series, Shinji is actually tolerable and much less emo and whiny

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Actually the manga adaption and the new Rebuild series, Shinji is actually tolerable and much less emo and whiny
Well yeah, but that's in part because Anno isn't clinically depressed anymore and so can make characters he doesn't actively hate.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Does he still masturbate to comatose girls?