imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Default Ridiculous gun stories you've heard.

I'm starting this topic because I heard a real zinger the other day, and I couldn't help but share it.

I've got this coworker who, while we were discussing Call of Duty and eventually guns in general, shared this one with me. Apparently, he's got a brother who either is or was a Navy SEAL. He's 7'2", 350, and because of that size, carries a full-auto Desert Eagle .50AE.

Now, while the other stuff seemed fantastical to me, guess what I zeroed in on first. To be honest, I let him go - didn't even begin to argue, because I work with the guy and I don't need that kind of drama. But the whole time after he mentioned the fully automatic Desert Eagle, I'm just looking at him, thinking, "Do you wanna know how I know you're full of shit?"

The normal 7-round magazine for a .50AE-chambered Desert Eagle is about as big as my (outdated) cell phone. He says that the gun has an 18-round extended magazine. Now, maybe I would have believed him (well, tried at the very least) if he just said that the guy carried a Desert Eagle, and left it at that. But full-auto? I went home that night chuckling at that.

Has anyone tried to pass off blatant, raging bullshit as fact upon you before? And what did you do about it?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 PM

I know this guy who told me he killed a deer with a pair of Liberator pistols, claiming they were semi autos.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I had a drunk tell me once (while I was on crime scene perimeter duty - yawn) that he was hit with a 50 caliber once - in the knee. He didn't even have a limp. I looked at him and said "Baloney". He started mouthing off and I told him that he could either leave the area or be charged with Resisting & Obstructing. I was stretching things a little bit there, but he left.

I'm sure over the years I've heard equally outrageous accounts, but right now the 50 caliber is the one I remember.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:13 AM

Had a guy I worked at the local arena with while I was in university tell me he had a friend that owned 4 full-auto M16s, and that they shot them at the local gravel pit all the time.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Had a guy I worked at the local arena with while I was in university tell me he had a friend that owned 4 full-auto M16s, and that they shot them at the local gravel pit all the time.
I can believe ONE and that they shoot it sometimes. Cause people in America can get those.

I was at Cabela's the other day and heard some black people bragging about how awesome Hi-point guns are.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
I had a drunk tell me once (while I was on crime scene perimeter duty - yawn) that he was hit with a 50 caliber once - in the knee. He didn't even have a limp.
He would be a freakin' amputee if he got hit in the leg with a .50 caliber bullet.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM

A friend of mine tried to tell me he was a Marine and an Afghan veteran, sent home after being hit twice in extremedies by an AK-74. I'm like "okay that can happen" and let it be. He then tells me he owns his own custom Romanian AK-74 that he had built by a gunsmith friend, but what drew me in was he said it had an underfolding stock. Most of us know that the AK-74 abandoned the AKS style stock in favor of a side folder, so I asked to see pictures of the rifle. He sends me a picture of an underfolding Romanian AKS-47 style rifle. I immediately begin to point out everything that was wrong with his description and the picture, the stock, the magazine curve, the lack of magazine dimples, basically everything that makes it not a 5.45 gun. His excuse is that his gunsmith buddy built the rifle from scratch on a 7.62 gun and converted all the magazines to take 5.45 rounds instead of 7.62 rounds. Bullshit. I call him on it, tell everyone I know, and one of my ACTUAL Marine buddies enters his name in a database and it turns out he was not only lying about the gun, but his service history. I've since laughed at and reprimanded him for his obvious lies, but he apologized and we're still friends.

Pic of the "AK-74" he sent me if you all want to see it:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9473/lbvlaidout.jpg
Old 08-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I can believe ONE and that they shoot it sometimes. Cause people in America can get those.

I was at Cabela's the other day and heard some black people bragging about how awesome Hi-point guns are.
And if this was the US I might believe him. However the only way to legally own a FA auto weapon in Canada is to have had it since 1978 (and this guy was 25), and you definately cannot go shoot it in a gravel pit.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:02 PM

here's one from a guy who was Marine intelligence. "The reason the US Military switched over to the M9 was the fact that the Colt frames cept cracking and Colt never could figure out how to fix them."

Personally he's an ok guy to hang out with but he has some serious "I was in intelligence and I know everything." issues.

Now if he had been talking about how Beretta frames had been cracking and hitting people in the face then He would have been talking about something that is a known fact.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

This isn't a ridiculous gun story, but it's a mention because it involves talking about a gun.

I was working at a Chinese place once and answered the phone. This guy who sounds black and on top of that, sounds like he's trying and I say trying to talk gangsta to me. First it sounded ok but then he asked for a dog. Of course, I didn't understand and he ask do we cook dogs? So I replied and said that we're Chinese, Chinese people don't eat dogs, those are Koreans. We seemed to just be joking, but then this guy seriously wants us to cook a dog for him. He also mentioned that he's got a dog fresh for us to do it. At that point, it was getting weird and I was thinking if I was getting set up for some prank, but I rolled with it, repeating that we don't do that, and I'm not going to kill a dog. He went on saying he'll do it.

Now here's the part that got interesting. I refused and told him look somewhere else and he said if I don't do this, he'll have to come over here with "some of my boys" and mentioned he had a double barrel shotgun and start something with me. I'm pretty sure what I said next might have been stupid, but I encouraged him somewhat and calling his bullshit. I turned to the 4 cops that were just starting to have their dinner and I wasn't really worried. Police stop by on a daily basis for fried rice and egg rolls all the time. There corner I work at always has a cop car sitting there and watching for speeders and this guy obviously hasn't been to my restaurant before if he's trying to threaten me, but really, I just think he's fucking with me.

I talked to the cops, who were regulars, about this and mentioned it might be just a prank call and I would have let it go but when some guy say he'll come over with his buddies with a shotgun, I take that as a threat.

Luckily the situation didn't turn bad, and the cops didn't really do anything but report it and requested the ones patrolling the area to be on the look out.

My buddy told me to make a full report of this and get the cops to trace the number, because my caller ID couldn't get this guy's number, otherwise, I would have told the cops the asshole's number

So yeah, this is my story. I might not carry a gun with me, but at any given time, there's a cop stopping by for Chinese and he has a gun.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”