imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-24-2024, 12:41 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I agree. I purchased a G34 a few months ago for the longer sight radius.I don't think I'm going to put optics on it either.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:05 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Not sure if anyone's heard yet, but the G17L Gen 5 is apparently very unreliable. At least two firearms YouTube channels that I watch have tested it now, and encountered serious jamming issues even with decently-powered loads. Apparently, the slide just isn't light enough to handle many loads, possibly because Glock didn't put the lightning cut found on earlier G17L generations. I suspect that the recoil spring is also a bit too stiff, and I wouldn't be surprised if Glock needed to play around a bit more with the feed ramps and barrel lock-up, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
I agree. I purchased a G34 a few months ago for the longer sight radius.I don't think I'm going to put optics on it either.
I see a lot of people selling Gen 3 G17L slide/barrel assemblies on eBay, and I've been tempted to buy one just to retrofit to my Gen 3 G34 frame. The main reason I haven't is that the sellers always want ridiculous prices for them (often the cost of an entire gun), and they're all post-2010 assemblies, which I can tell by the S/Ns. I won't buy Gen 3s made after 2010 because those don't have the Tennifer treatment, unlike all of the Gen 3s that I own now, and IMHO, that's still the most durable and aesthetically pleasing finish that Glock has ever offered.

Last edited by MT2008; 06-24-2024 at 12:10 AM.