imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 PM

The israeli government is jewish because the people electing the officials are jews. There is tolerance there though. Jews, muslims and christians all live in israel with equal rights.

I was saing that of course the israeli government comes off as jewish because most of their citizens are jews, our gov comes off as christian since thats what most of the voters/elected people are. Governments and policies in a democrac reflect the demographic of the voters.

Grunt, Mass effect 3

Last edited by k9870; 05-07-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The israeli government is jewish because the people electing the officials are jews. There is tolerance there though. Jews, muslims and christians all live in israel with equal rights.

I was saing that of course the israeli government comes off as jewish because most of their citizens are jews, our gov comes off as christian since thats what most of the voters/elected people are.
Living in a walled off compound, blocked off from free trade, with soldiers free to break into your home and demolish it at will is not freedom or equal rights. Israel is not a secular state with a majority Jewish population, like the USA is a secular state with a majority Christian population. It is a Jewish state, run by Jews, for Jews, using Jewish law. They changed the name from the ethnically neutral "Palestine" to the Hebrew language "Israel", stuck the Star of David on their flag, they even have special Orthodox-only neighborhoods that are supported financially by the state. If Jews wanted to live in Palestine because of their religious birthright beliefs, they could have just worked, with international cooperation, to create a multicultural, secular regime. But no, they didn't do that, that was never the goal. Zionism is the belief that Israel is for Jews only. They invaded Palestine, created a government antithetical to a majority of the native population (most first generation Israelis were immigrants from Europe), and then went to war when other legitimate nations tried to expel them for being a foreign-born military coup.

Also, let's not forget who Israel was BFF's with way back in the day, South Africa. When the entire civilized, Western world decided that South Africa needed to be brought in line, Israel didn't just abstain and continue to do business with them, they adopted South Africa's apartheid tactics for social control.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Went to war with other legitimate nations? Like the dictatorships of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, i think the even fought the saudis a couple times. All dictatorships, and their own citizens are even rebelling in those countries now.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Went to war with other legitimate nations? Like the dictatorships of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, i think the even fought the saudis a couple times. All dictatorships, and their own citizens are even rebelling in those countries now.
Now is not 1948. Dictatorships they may be, but they were native born dictatorships. Israel was born a nation of foreign invaders.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM

1948, 1967, 1973, full out warfare. Thent here are the countless wars against the PLO and lebanon. What are the peace loving legitimate democracies you refer to?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
1948, 1967, 1973, full out warfare. Thent here are the countless wars against the PLO and lebanon. What are the peace loving legitimate democracies you refer to?
I never said they were peace loving or democracies. The problem is that Israel insists on its own righteousness when they are just as awful as any other nation in the region, and that we continue to support them in everything they do.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
just as awful as any other nation in the region
Funny, i dont see women whipped for showing ankles or gay people being executed in israel.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
I never said they were peace loving or democracies. The problem is that Israel insists on its own righteousness when they are just as awful as any other nation in the region, and that we continue to support them in everything they do.
we continue to support them because they are surrounded by nations that hate them, we are the peacekeepers.
i see you have a history of posting just to start controversy. why do you waste your time this way?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
we continue to support them because they are surrounded by nations that hate them, we are the peacekeepers.
i see you have a history of posting just to start controversy. why do you waste your time this way?
They're surrounded by nations that hate them because they put themselves there. It's not like Israel has always existed and the other Islamic nations sprung up around it. We support them because the West needs a foothold in the region. That is not a controversial statement at all. Even Zionists acknowledge this is true.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Because he is a troll. And I'm not talking about this kind of troll:

I'm talking about this kind of troll:

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Closed Thread