imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
It's not science, it's logic which you clearly don't possess.

Plus, in my argument, I never said "kill", I said immobilize the threat. Whether it's a zombie or not, immobilizing your threat is the best thing to do. The End!

That's called logic
Oh, Mr. Spock here is going to bring in logic in a discussion about the reanimated undead. Logically, since we don't know why it's mobile, therefore we also don't know how to make it immobile.

If all we're talking about is a sack of bones that doesn't need a CNS, a circulatory system, a lymphatic system, a digestive system, or any other system that makes a human being function, then we're good, because they wouldn't be able to move.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:11 AM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Oh, Mr. Spock here is going to bring in logic in a discussion about the reanimated undead. Logically, since we don't know why it's mobile, therefore we also don't know how to make it immobile.

If all we're talking about is a sack of bones that doesn't need a CNS, a circulatory system, a lymphatic system, a digestive system, or any other system that makes a human being function, then we're good, because they wouldn't be able to move.
Ok since you don't get it, I'm going to dumb it down for you. The bone structure of a human body is like blocks. If you stack them, you take the center block out, it would collapse. In any mammal like creature, if the spine is severed, it's immobilized no matter what. Thick-skulled ass!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Play nice or we're going to have a problem.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Play nice or we're going to have a problem.
_______________________________________/
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
Ok since you don't get it, I'm going to dumb it down for you. The bone structure of a human body is like blocks. If you stack them, you take the center block out, it would collapse. In any mammal like creature, if the spine is severed, it's immobilized no matter what. Thick-skulled ass!
I understand that, it's basic biology. But we're obviously ignoring biology and physics because zombies exist, and even though they don't have working CNS systems, they can run. What if you shoot it in the heart? You need a heart to pump blood, to work the muscles. Why can't you kill a zombie with a double tap to the chest? It needs to breath, right? You can't pick and choose which scientific rules you're going to follow.

You also can't use science to explain what is clearly a supernatural being. Can you stop a ghost by shooting it in the spine? How about a vampire? Or an angel?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

First off, I think the Christians would be offend that you lumped angels with supernatural stuff like Vampires and Zombies

Ok, the most common accepted biology of Zombies according to Romero are that they don't breath, they have no blood pumping. Whatever virus is infecting them is in the blood and all over their bodies. We can assume the central nervous system is active without blood, but it is controlled by the brain and the hub is the spine. Break either part will "kill" the zombie. Also burning them is slow any messy and would do you more harm than them.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
First off, I think the Christians would be offend that you lumped angels with supernatural stuff like Vampires and Zombies

Ok, the most common accepted biology of Zombies according to Romero are that they don't breath, they have no blood pumping. Whatever virus is infecting them is in the blood and all over their bodies. We can assume the central nervous system is active without blood, but it is controlled by the brain and the hub is the spine. Break either part will "kill" the zombie. Also burning them is slow any messy and would do you more harm than them.
That's like saying the most common accepted biology of vampires is the Twilight vampires.

Also people who believe in angels consider them to be supernatural. You have the word confused with mythological.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

First off. When most GUYS think of Vampires, they think of Buffy or Dracula. Not the sparkling faggots.

That's not the current "popular" interpretation of Vampire. Never EVER mention Twilight in this forum...ever again

I guess you're right about confusing supernatural and mythological.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 AM

face it, a body cant move without blood and air, and you cant eat without a working digestive system

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well zombies are eating as an impulse from their minds. They don't digest what they eat at all. It's like having an insane amount of craving for food and no matter what, you cannot stop, you cannot be full no matter how much you pour down your throat. It's a very basic instinct for any animal, the need to eat.

Closed Thread