imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM

So, the Xing of the head of the bullets is supposed to... Make it break apart on impact? I've seen it done in vampire movies, but the X is intended to be a cross.

Is this safe/practical in real-world applications, out of curiousity?

I'm having trouble finding screenshots. Here's a link to the movie on YouTube in HD. The rest of the movie comes after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onLvxe9jjUI
Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

They expand and stay in the body, so all the kinetic energy favored for stopping power is maintained.

I wouldn't reccomend cutting Xs in your ammunition, as it could lodge in the barrel if you cut it too much, and never use them in anything other than a revolver. You'll just get lots of jams.

Here's a shot from youtube, it's low res though, because I wasn't going to fuck around with HD for an hour to grab one shot:

Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
They expand and stay in the body, so all the kinetic energy favored for stopping power is maintained.

I wouldn't reccomend cutting Xs in your ammunition, as it could lodge in the barrel if you cut it too much, and never use them in anything other than a revolver. You'll just get lots of jams.

Here's a shot from youtube, it's low res though, because I wasn't going to fuck around with HD for an hour to grab one shot:

I appreciate it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 PM

That's an Italian Bodeo 1889. One of the non-standard models with the conventional trigger but full length octagonal barrels.