imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
And some sort of semi-automatic, preferably shooting .308 solids, in my Jeep for Raptors and such.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Gamefly had Colonial Marines for $10 used and I pulled the trigger. Yes, I know the reviews were horrible, but for ten bucks, what the hell. (Ten bucks used, and it hasn't even been out three months yet. Yikes.)
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Gamefly had Colonial Marines for $10 used and I pulled the trigger. Yes, I know the reviews were horrible, but for ten bucks, what the hell. (Ten bucks used, and it hasn't even been out three months yet. Yikes.)
The PC version has already had a patch that's almost as big as the install itself to make the textures not-awful and another one the other day added SSAO. Now if only they could patch out the actual gameplay...
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0CS2A220130507

Another wrinkle in our video game/licensed weapon discussion.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
The PC version has already had a patch that's almost as big as the install itself to make the textures not-awful and another one the other day added SSAO. Now if only they could patch out the actual gameplay...
Spend 10 bucks on Deus Ex Human Revolution used and get a better deal

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Eh, EA's probably feeling the financial hurt recently from a series of heavy-duty titles failing to meet their expectations. Origin is wobbling on the "at least it's better than uPlay" front, Crysis 3 sold horribly, Warfighter was a bust, SimCity was an utter fiasco, Dead Space 3 didn't do as well as they'd hoped, Mass Effect 3 got slammed even though it sold well, I don't think the recent Army of Two did all that well...

I think their only titles currently not either failing horribly or being hated by all and sundry are their diminishing-returns sports franchises and Battlefield, so they're probably trying to abuse that supreme court ruling that games are a form of protected speech to save some money.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Eh, EA's probably feeling the financial hurt recently from a series of heavy-duty titles failing to meet their expectations. Origin is wobbling on the "at least it's better than uPlay" front, Crysis 3 sold horribly, Warfighter was a bust, SimCity was an utter fiasco, Dead Space 3 didn't do as well as they'd hoped, Mass Effect 3 got slammed even though it sold well, I don't think the recent Army of Two did all that well...

I think their only titles currently not either failing horribly or being hated by all and sundry are their diminishing-returns sports franchises and Battlefield, so they're probably trying to abuse that supreme court ruling that games are a form of protected speech to save some money.
That game was not Army of Two. That game lacks just about everything that makes AOT. Someone in EA needs to get kneecapped badly.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
That game was not Army of Two. That game lacks just about everything that makes AOT. Someone in EA needs to get kneecapped badly.
I played the demo, it seemed pretty fun. It's certainly a graphical upgrade compared to the previous AoT game. I'm waiting for the price the drop.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I was thinking H&K-91, mainly because of my man Burt Gummer.

Further proof as to why the original Johnny Quest was bad-ass:

Race Bannon perpetually wears a Government Model in a shoulder holster. I like to think that Race would carry a .38 Super.

When things get bad, Race gets out a M-1928A1 Thompson.

When Race needs information from a woman, he sleeps with her. And calls it "pumping" her for information. I kid you not.

And this was from one, one episode.

If we ever decide that cartoons get pages, I'm doing "The Adventures of Johnny Quest."
Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I played the demo, it seemed pretty fun. It's certainly a graphical upgrade compared to the previous AoT game. I'm waiting for the price the drop.
Graphics Upgrade yes.

There is a reason you are not playing as Salem and Rios and that reason sucks. They also removed Back to back and I'm not sure what else they have done yet.

TV Tropes has a lot of spoilers.