imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well I have not seen or even heard about importations of the Rx4 anywhere in the US, so even if it's for law enforcement, no current police I know of is planning on adopting it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-06-2010, 02:31 AM

Not only that, a lot of SWAT teams use M4s or other M16-derived firearms as their primary long guns. Having a DMR built from the same platform decreases training time and costs.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 AM

Question What is the official name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Not only that, a lot of SWAT teams use M4s or other M16-derived firearms as their primary long guns. Having a DMR built from the same platform decreases training time and costs.
So, what's the model number for the "Colt Accurized Rifle" then? LE16 DMR (for Law Enforcement) or something, since the M on M16 means "Military"? "Colt Accurized Rifle" sounds much too informal. There has to be an official designation somewhere, though I doubt even a real firearm like this one will warrant a page of its own on this wiki since its appearances are so rare.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So, what's the model number for the "Colt Accurized Rifle" then? LE16 DMR (for Law Enforcement) or something, since the M on M16 means "Military"? "Colt Accurized Rifle" sounds much too informal. There has to be an official designation somewhere, though I doubt even a real firearm like this one will warrant a page of its own on this wiki since its appearances are so rare.
Most instances I've seen they're just called M4s and M16s. Colt Accurized Rifle may sound informal, but that's the only name given on Colt's website and I didn't find it listed on the AR-15 variants page on Wikipedia. As to whether or not it should get an individual page, I was just identifying it.

Besides, informal names for firearms aren't uncommon. Ex., the S&W 500 revolver was named after its ammunition and the Magpul Masada was named after a mountaintop fortress in Israel.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman