imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-23-2010, 02:03 AM

Default Nutnfancy

well, im gonna be the one to break the ice.
i watch him on youtube on we talked about him in some earlier topics.
i think he's kinda neat.

oh! and im hoping to get some pics of my shotgun, we should be going to a range or feild sometime tomorrow!

but back on topic:
you?

EDIT:OOH-RAH! i forgot this is my 100th post! im one of you guys now!
im now part of the ''in group'' or....something....yeah...
senior member....*sniff* i'd like to thank: the acadamey, the guys, and the forum...you guys never lost hope in me.....

so uh....yeah..that's all

Last edited by Zulu Two Six; 01-23-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:54 AM

I just mentioned him in the SHOT show thread and I'm all but certain that's why you made this thread.

I watch his gun reviews and a few of his survival videos, and I enjoy it as well as learn. I would watch everything if I didn't have to dick around with youtube load times.

I don't think he likes me very much too, because in a comment I sent to him, I mentioned (in a highly complimentary post) that he had used one of MPM2008s images in a video, which would not go over well if MPM found out, and he didn't allow the comment on his page. It might just be for his own protection but I just watch his videos without any communication between them and me. I know he means well to the general public and that's enough.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:42 AM

which image was it?
oh well...
he's not meh favorite. but he kills time when ur bored and surfin' the internet.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:43 AM

He used MPM's picture of the Remington 870 Police folder in his Combat Shotgun review, or at least it looked like MPM's image.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:31 AM

I disagree with him on several things (weight, firepower) but he does a good job showing features of guns and has some good knowlege.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:41 AM

yeah...
he doesnt know everything but he does get most of his facts right
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

I've watched a few of his videos. He does a thorough job on reviewing guns. He's too much of a Glock fan for my taste though. (I've handled a few Glocks, I die a little inside every time, I don't think I'll ever warm up to them.) He likes to compare it to any gun, despite that the other gun was made long before Glock. He rambles on sometimes too.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM

Yeah he has a tendency to ramble, but in one of his recent videos he said that he was coming off as too much of a Glock proponent and would try to stay more balanced in the future. I personally don't mind the grip but it's not fantastic. All in all he does a good job of his reviews, and I have nothing but respect for him and what he does, he just seems to rub people in a weird way.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:37 AM

Hes way too into weight (sing almuminm ammo in a kahr pm9) and thinks firepower=how many bullets you have. Like saying a fn 5-7 beats a glock since it holds a few more rounds even though the fn is an overglorified .22mag.

I love seeing unbiased reviews though and he does do a good job showing features. I do find it weird he praises the g17 but always borrows it from a friend and doesnt but his own

Rugersix also has some good reviews, less in-depth but he does some older classics and shows disassembly, shooting impressions, etc.

Last edited by k9870; 02-12-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 AM

I find Nutnfancy kind of annoying. Don’t know if I can really pinpoint it on any one thing. I like Rugersix videos a lot. To me I think Nutnfancy comes too close to saying so and so is wrong, but that’s just my opinion. Rugersix gives you just the basics specs, disasmble, and little bit of history. I personally like that style. I think Nutnfancy has a few times given his opions on knives or certain guns without really handling them. Either way he has a loyal following and good points.