imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default So we can't upload multiple images anymore?

Why is that? (and I mean upload multiples at one time instead of doing it one at a time, like the old days). I only ask because I think I can't see that option anymore.

And please forgive me if this has been discussed already in another thread Thanks.

edit: Well now I can't upload anything
error reads -

Upload warning
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/0/04".

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 02-04-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Why is that? (and I mean upload multiples at one time instead of doing it one at a time, like the old days). I only ask because I think I can't see that option anymore.

And please forgive me if this has been discussed already in another thread Thanks.

error reads -

Upload warning
Multiple upload a few months ago after an update. The dynamic list on the main page also went away, but came back after a few weeks. The next/previous page buttons at the top of each page and the counter at the bottom of each page went away as well.

As for not being upload at all, I have no idea. I just uploaded a couple of files myself.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well for the record, I sent Bunni a personal message. I suspect that the Wiki software upgrade crippled my ability while using a MAC. I feel bad bugging him again, but it seems that many wikis discriminate against MACs and require that all users use Windows in order to contribute.

I have a bunch of new pics to upload and I can't do it. I think all the Wiki platforms are moving beyond accomodating MAC users.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:33 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Not sure what to tell you about the Mac issue. I work on both a Mac and a PC and haven't had any issues with either. As for the multiple uploads, we upgraded the MediaWiki software in the fall (September, maybe October, don't remember) and the extension wasn't compatible with the new software. Bunni already rewrote a few extensions to make them compatible but I think we decided to scrap that one because of the amount of work that would be required to make them compatible.

Your images have been one of the biggest contributions by an individual user so if there is anything we can do to help you get them up on the site let me know. (This includes having you just throw them in an E-mail and having me upload them for you by the way.) The strategy I have been using is to just write the code on a page and then click the red link to upload. So for example, lets say you had 5 new pictures of AR-15s. Rather then using the multi-upload, I would just type:

[[image:AR-15-1.jpg|thumb|none|600px|Description....]]
[[image:AR-15-2.jpg|thumb|none|600px|Description....]]
[[image:AR-15-3.jpg|thumb|none|600px|Description....]]
[[image:AR-15-4.jpg|thumb|none|600px|Description....]]
[[image:AR-15-5.jpg|thumb|none|600px|Description....]]

Then when you save the page you get 5 red links. Clicking them takes you to an upload page. When you upload the file it automatically saves it to the correct file name (AR-15-1.jpg, AR-15-2.jpg, etc). In the end it ends up not being much more work than the multi-upload interface. Either way you have to actually type the code at some point. This way you are basically just doing the code first. I know you like to keep copies of all your images on your user page, so my thought would be you could just add the code at the end of your page?

Hope that helps. I will also continue to look into the multi-upload interface. For the moment, I would proceed with the assumption it is not coming back but there is always a chance we can resurrect it.

-Z
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post

error reads -

Upload warning
That was a server misconfiguration - I've fixed it. It was also partly behind the 'missing' images issue we were having.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I was in the middle of uploading images, and I got the error below. Is it related?

Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/0/0a".

Addendum: it appears to be only affecting certain files. I can upload some, but not others. In the end, it only affected two files. I renamed those two files and they were able to go through. I don't think it was a name thing though, as the names were pretty unique.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 02-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 AM

I'm trying to finish my page for Rebellion (2011) and am getting the same error that funkychinaman is getting - it affects all the images I am uploading though.