imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-25-2011, 05:12 PM

Default Waiting for my CZ

handled a 75 but decided id like a decocker model so ordered the BD model in 9mm. Also ordered some OD VZ grips, they came in today, thats fast service. Cant wait to get the gun, put on the grips, gonna be a nice gun Ill post pics when I get it.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 PM

My buddy has a P01 that I had the privilege of operating and shooting and I mostly liked it, but there are some eh things about CZs and CZ patterned guns I find to be generally true.

First off the triggers on them aren't that good, double action is incredibly heavy and the creep to break on single action is pretty big. They can be tuned relatively easily I think, exchanging some springs here and there, and with LOTS of use they will wear in nicely, but as they come they're okay at best.

The slides also have a pretty small gripping surface so they may be a bit harder to charge than other guns, but you'll probably get used to it after a short while.

The other thing that's more odd about them is the decocker, it only drops the hammer to half cock and not all the way down. It can be carried and shot with the hammer all the way down but you have to manually set it there and that's a risky endeavour. It's kinda good because at half cock the trigger doesn't require as much pull but nonetheless it's still kinda weird...

Lastly is the decocker itself. It's in the best possible place I could imagine it, but the way it actually presses, downward in a clockwise motion, is counterintuitive to like every other safety mechanism, though you'll get used to it in a heartbeat. Even so, again, just an odd thing they did.

Of course I do like them and there's plenty good to say about them, odd as they are. They are built like tanks, have good sights, a grip rivaled only by a couple of guns (Hi-Power to name one heheh) and they are relatively slim. I was entertaining the notion of getting a Pre-B (not one of the cheap ones that have just been imported and stamped all over by PW Arms but an older one) but I have more practical things on my list first. I can't say much about your grips as generally I'm frugal with them, since factory ones typically serve practical purposes as well as anything else, but if nothing else they look nice. Enjoy your gun.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 AM

You should play this song while waiting for it to arrive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_TXWYAH7o

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 AM

I like a sig style decocker better, but a 9mm full size service pistol like the cz at 500 is a hard deal to beat. Im going to just bend the mag brake to let em drop free. The trigger is supposed to smooth out with use and a new mainspring will lighten it. They are just very high value and point well, and feel solid. I love metal guns.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Some of y'all talk about not having Hi-Powers in your area. I haven't seen any CZ75s in mine.

I've heard they have an excellent grip. I've always wanted to get a Jericho 941 which is based off it.

Anyway post pics when you can and congrats.

Are you set on your future 1911 purchase?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 AM

I plan to get one by end of year. Decided to get something more affordable to shoot right now. Besides 1911s are hard to find now, it being the anniversary and all there sold the day they hit the shelves.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM

It's coming tomorrow

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM

Got it, shes nice, covered in oil though, ill do a good cleaning and chage grips. The post some pics. The magazines drop free so it looks like no brake in this one.

Grunt, Mass effect 3