imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Default Top shot season 2

Just started, Two challenges without practice, we had a sharps rifle, colt 1991, and a smith 44 mag. Cast seems diverse, I think its funny theres all these national champions and team captains who won first round are a golfer and a hunter.

The guy who got eliminated was a tool. "im the best shooter in the world?" Did he really say that. Cocky too.

Grunt, Mass effect 3

Last edited by k9870; 02-09-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
"im the best shooter in the world?"
apparantly not
Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 AM

It was funny to see him leave but now i have nobody to hate on.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
It was funny to see him leave but now i have nobody to hate on.
haters gonna hate
Old 02-10-2011, 03:01 AM

You know it

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've been watching the first season and during the first episode, there were some bits of details when the host described the rifles used. He said the SVT-40 was one of the world's first semi-auto rifles. Apparently whoever wrote his script forgot about the Garand and previous semi-autos. He also said the Springfield 03 had the longest service life of all the rifles in the bunch even though the Mosin-Nagant had a longer life in service.

One of the contestants had the strangest descriptions of the bunch. I assume they listed current occupation and then a secondary occupation but this guy, I forgot his name had under him US Army and then under that Former Marine? I need to do some research, because that doesn't sound right at all. I mean half of the contestants have listed "Current occupation" and then "Former Marine" under all of them. But this US Army and then Former Marine kinda throws me off.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Now Jay Really pisses me off, Ive got somebody to hate on now. The guy was getting mad at a Former SEAL for telling him to stop using the teacup grip and to keep his finger off the trigger, and he was like "stop telling me how to shoot" then he tried to sight his teams rifle in for himself, when they were all on target and he was hsooting poorly, couldnt blae it on his poor skills, and he wouldnt listen to the revovler instructor either, even though he clearly didnt know how to shoot it....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Damn Maggies gone, I thought she would do well with the three gun background seeing everybody else seems specialized and not as well rounded.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM

I hate when people get knocked out because of game dynamic (Jermaine) or because they are at an inherent disadvantage that they generally can't overcome (both women). Holding and shooting a heavy ass Thompson and drawing a bow and arrow require not only technique, but physical strength, and not to say the women didn't have that, but they certainly were at no advantage going against men who were just generally stronger. You might argue that if they were any good, they wouldn't get to the elimination challenge and be at said disadvantage, but Maggie went to the bow and arrow elimination challenge because she sucked with... a bow and arrow. Kind of silly. Athena is less excusable since she is a pistol shooter, but people like her are not trained with EVERY pistol ever, probably just their custom race gun (apparently she uses a 1911 based race gun) or whatever the hell they use. If you are the World Champion with that, it doesn't mean you are any good with anything else, especially the polar opposite gun which is a double action revolver.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the show, I just understand a few things that take away from it's impact, annoy me, or both. Jay Lim is kind of a bitch though.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Jay just was not being a team player, and disrespected the instructor last week, Athena performed poorly, but maggie did good up until the bow, and seemed confident with rifle and pistol, unlike others who seemed very one or the other.

Grunt, Mass effect 3