imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I think the XDs are okay. I'd rather take a 1911 though. I have a vast list of unknown guns I could add but some of them are TOO obscure. A google search wouldn't find some of them. I've always liked the Remington Model 10 shotgun, I believe it was the first bottom ejecting shotgun ever made, and the take-down system puts it in two pieces in under ten seconds (very handy). I love the Browning A5 series, preferabley the Brownings, because the Remington Model 11 and Savage Model 720 are a little cheapened and they don't have the magazine cut-off to insert single rounds into the breach. I have a fondness for the Franchi 48 shotgun, it's really light and based off the A5 series. My dad specially built one for my grandpa when he went blind in his right eye. A red-dot sight is mounted on the left so he can use his left eye to aim.

I like the Savage Model 24, an O/U with a 20 Gauge under-barrel and a .22 LR upper barrel. I have a camping version with an 18" barrel and pistol grip, stainless steel. I like the Smith & Wesson 39 9mm, it's accurate and fun to shoot. My mom owns one with pearl grips (which look nice but suck for gripping, there's no friction and it slips too easily). The only thing I don't like is the magazine safety. It has to be in the gun to fire . While gigantic, the Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9.5" barrel and scope is a formidable weapon, I can destroy coffey cans with it. Loud though.

If you want obscure guns, I could list the stuff my dad keeps in the back of his shop, I could make a huge list in a day. I think a video game should allow you to enter an authentic gunshop and pick whatever you want. That'd be cool.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 PM

And types of ammo, like fmj for shooting through cover and such or jhp/jsp for stopping power. I hate how most games have the stereotypical loadout, even in COD4 the russians were using m9s and no makarovs in sight. And it seems every "sniper" rifle, even civilian rifles, needs to be an m40 or dragunov
Old 08-06-2009, 04:41 PM

I find retarded that we are a site dedicated to GUNS that were designed to kill people and we have to bullshit around about Nudity. That's stupid.

Also, Bunny should come here more often.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

hey buddy, guns were NOT designed to kill people. The rifle was built for hunting purposes. Later it was discovered that they were effective at killing a man. Handguns, however, were designed for giving a man the power of six men aka better at killing
Old 08-06-2009, 09:55 PM

So they were designed to kill animals then. Thanks. Still way more violent than sex.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
IMFDB Admin

We cannot judge firearms for their original intended usage. The CANNON was the first firearm designed, built to kill and seige. The handgunn came next, which was a portable cannon one knight could carry and fire. Then came the matchlock Arquebuss, which was the first shoulder fired weapon made. It was very inaccurate (it did not end chivalary though, economics did). Then the terrible wheel-lock attempted to replace it. It failed. The Flintlock came next, and the invention of "rifling" made muskets into accurate rifles. Then in Scotland they invented the perucussion rifle. Then came rimfire metallic cartridges. And then centerfire.

But the reason we cannot judge firearms is because humans themselves are killers in nature, as the firearm was. But we don't all kill, do we? And neither do guns. My guns are sporting arms strictly. I don't even hunt anymore.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:47 PM

Well, you got me there. I still find stupid to ban anything with nudity and acting as if violence was better.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

Like I said at the beginning of this thread, it makes no sense why sex and swearing are censored and violence is not when we are more likely to curse and have sex than kill anyone.

I only censored a few of my screencaps because I figured it was site regulations and didn't want to get banned for uploading pictures of naked people. If it's a big deal, I'll replace them with non-censored images, but that seems a little unecessary right now.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Besides, who doesn't like to look at a big pair of natural tities?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

On a different note though, there are other sites on the internet if you need to look at boobs. I don't think IMFDb is the site to be checking out naked girls on.