imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
They're IDIOTS. All the tin foil hatted conspiracy theorists will have a field day. They SHOULD have brought the body back to the U.S. so that all the relatives who lost a loved on on 9/11 can take a ceremonious DUMP on the cadaver's face!
This is roughly what the Soviets did with Hitler and the Fuhrerbunker because they knew it would work out the same way; if there's a grave, there's weirdos out there who will want to turn it into a shrine.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Also, is said that the choppers involved in the attack came from India. Another India vs Pakistan conflict?

Last edited by Markost; 05-02-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Obama didnt do anything. It was the military going balls out and kicking ass.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
Also, is said that the choppers involved in the attack came from India. Another India vs Pakistan conflict?
No, it appeared we went in with the full cooperation of the Pakistanis. Getting India and Pakistan to agree on something? It's been a hell of a week for the president.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
This is roughly what the Soviets did with Hitler and the Fuhrerbunker because they knew it would work out the same way; if there's a grave, there's weirdos out there who will want to turn it into a shrine.
Exactly, thank you for bringing up this point. If Bin Laden has millions of admirers in the Muslim world (which we know he does), the last things we want to do is create ANY sort of shrine for him. (Regardless of what it's intended to be, that is how his followers will treat it.)

Also, I realize that almost everyone on here hates Obama and his team passionately, but give them credit where it's due: I'd say this counts as a major victory won by the administration.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-02-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM

As much as I want to believe one of our Team 6 boys ventilated OBL's skull, things aren't really adding up when I further contemplate it.

Firstly, only one photograph of his remains is circulating the web and it's believed to be a digitized hoax (Google "Osama Bin Laden Corpse" and decide for yourself, but while an admittedly gruesome image, it looks Photoshopped to me).

And secondly, we've seen in the past how US military/federal agents love to make a show of parading captured terrorists in front of TV cameras or releasing photos of dead ones' remains into the media. But with the most wanted terrorist in US history now allegedly dead and his remains in US custody, they ever so suddenly, and with very little fanfare, give him a quiet "burial" at sea? It makes no sense. Since when does our government decline an opportunity to toot its own horn? Never that I know of. And keep in mind that our failure to immediately capture OBL has constantly been used as a joke against us by the international community. Why would they decline an opportunity to rub this back in the faces of the likes of Moscow, Tehran, and Beijing? They wouldn't, they'd want to make us look as badass and tough as possible in our rivals' eyes.

I want to believe we got him just as much as you guys do, but the course of events aren't matching up to me. With the only known photographic evidence being suspect, no known publicly-available video footage of the raid, and our only "confirmation" that he's dead coming from the mouth of the president and "sources" of various news agencies that may or may not be credible, I'm finding this whole situation a little suspect and hard to swallow.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM

I hope something's released later, it does seem weird, im guessing the admistration is afraid of offending anyone. But id gladly show video. Hell id mount cameras on the rails of the seals rifles and have vids of where every shot lands and watch bin ladens head exploding. But yeah im not a political type.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The Islamic tradition is burial within 24 hours, so that's 24 hours to take photographs, video, run tests, etc, before dumping him in the ocean. (And they did do a DNA test.) I'm sure we'll get a tasteful photo within a day or two.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Firstly, only one photograph of his remains is circulating the web and it's believed to be a digitized hoax (Google "Osama Bin Laden Corpse" and decide for yourself, but while an admittedly gruesome image, it looks Photoshopped to me).
The pic REALLY looks chopped, we should wait a while for the real ones.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Okay, they said that DNA testing is underway. Man, what if they were wrong? You'd think the administration would want to be absolutely certain before going public with this.

And it looks like his safehouse was down the road from the Pakistani Military Academy. So Pakistan, anything you want to tell us here?