imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I'm screencapping Season 9 of Law & Order right now (which aired 1998-99), and there are episodes that reference the independent counsel and jokes about presidential DNA samples. Ah, good times...
Don't forget the cigar jokes.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 PM

"Hey, Tony. This is Bill. I'm in hot water with this intern thing. Can we launch a couple of Tomahawks at Iraq?"
"Sure thing, Mister President. We'll call it Desert Fox."
"thanks, gotta go."
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
"Hey, Tony. This is Bill. I'm in hot water with this intern thing. Can we launch a couple of Tomahawks at Iraq?"
"Sure thing, Mister President. We'll call it Desert Fox."
"thanks, gotta go."
I was taking a Middle Eastern wars class at the time with a professor who had served with the Reagan administration. He had a lot of fun with it.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 AM

I'm here because you guys are the least loony of any gun board I've seen.
Something Awful's gun subform seems okay. A lot of them act like dicks (it's SA!), but they don't take themselves too seriously.
I thought about joining, but I didn't feel like spending 10$ to participate in an internet forum with people who have spent 10$ to participate in an internet forum was a really great idea. For me. Personally.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce_GTS View Post
Something Awful's gun subform seems okay. A lot of them act like dicks (it's SA!), but they don't take themselves too seriously.
I thought about joining, but I didn't feel like spending 10$ to participate in an internet forum with people who have spent 10$ to participate in an internet forum was a really great idea. For me. Personally.
Paying to join a forum seems wrong on principle alone.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Personally I cheered when Uwe Bol beat the hell out of the owner of SomethingAwful. Someone who I knew in junior high and my freshman year of high school posted some BS about me there. When I asked them nicely to remove the post since it used my full name the response was "oh you're still alive". I haven't spoken to the Mods there since, I'm just waiting for the day the site and it's owner is sued into oblivion.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
The Firing Line is pretty good. A lot of good information to be had there. Me and JCordell both post there.

Also, the mods are real good about keeping the chatter about the the boys in blue beret chatter down to a minimum.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
The Firing Line is pretty good. A lot of good information to be had there. Me and JCordell both post there.

Also, the mods are real good about keeping the chatter about the the boys in blue beret chatter down to a minimum.
Yes the Firng Line is a good one. I've been a member on TFL since 2001. I haven't come across any of the (endless) paranoid ranting that seems to have taken over The High Road.

A couple other goods ones are the Smith & Wesson forum and the Colt forum. The posters there seem to be more interested in actually talking about guns and gun related stuff rather than black helicopters, U.N. conspiracies and nasty cowardly cops. Hey I know there are some bad cops out there. But we aren't all cowardly S.O.B.'s............................. okay maybe we are S.O.B.'s, but not cowardly or Nazi's.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

http://www.coltforum.com/index.php

Last edited by Jcordell; 04-08-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 AM

And then you have the cowardly nazis, who like to parade about until they mistake any Chrysler product for a T-34.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
And then you have the cowardly nazis, who like to parade about until they mistake any Chrysler product for a T-34.
That's right.