imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 AM

Default Ammo avaliability

So is there ammo anywhere right now? My dad has been backordered for almost two months on .380 auto and I can't find any 9mm besides self defense rounds anywhere. Just wondering if that is just around my area or a nationwide thing because there seems to be almost no ammo anywhere.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:57 AM

.380 shortage is nationwide, the 9mil shortage is local, there is 9mm umc by the case around here.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 AM

Do you know places online that have 9mm then because everywhere I've looked I can't find it.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Actually no, it's pretty much nationwide, every moron is buying ammo because they think it will vanish, and since they are buying it all, it seems like is is vanishing, so they're buying more. It's a vicious cycle brought on by thr full -o- shit ammo accountability act and democratic congress and President that, coupled with the general thoughtless fear of people, has caused the high demand for ammo. There is no "shortage" just high demand.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Actually no, it's pretty much nationwide, every moron is buying ammo because they think it will vanish, and since they are buying it all, it seems like is is vanishing, so they're buying more. It's a vicious cycle brought on by thr full -o- shit ammo accountability act and democratic congress and President that, coupled with the general thoughtless fear of people, has caused the high demand for ammo. There is no "shortage" just high demand.
Part of the panic IS being stoked by the Dems in power. Attorney General Holder stating that he wishes to re-instate the AW ban (despite not having the votes) sure doesn't help things. Obama did yet ANOTHER 180 and now says he WANTS the AW ban, but will 'wait to work on other pressing issues first" (not a very reassuring sentiment, but at least he's not pushing it to the forefront of issues).

Recent highly publicized SHOOTINGS have had the media in a tizzy. I can't COUNT how many Op/Ed columns call for more gun bans or Ammo bans, etc. But apparently the general public and lawmakers aren't listening to them, which is a good thing.

HOWEVER, this all adds up to a 'tipping point' of concern that if you don't get it now, you'll pay much more $$ for it later, which is just like the stock market. California is pushing a series of AMMO registration, etc, bills that would in essence either stop ammo sales or severely curtail them period. Buying a BUNCH now is NOT ill advised if you have libtard politicians chomping at the bit to ban or register or microstamp or (fill in the blank) with your ammo. You already can't mail order ammo to Los Angeles (so everyone goes to the surrounding towns).
Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

You know who I hate? Chris Rock. He said that people should raise the price of bullets so people can't afford to shoot guns in a comedy skit, and look what happens. I've heard up to a 1000% tax on ammo rumored, but I don't see how anyone can get away with this.

Its funny how every time some dumbass politician tries to ban guns and ammo, people clean the shelves of both to the point where the armed citizen has DOUBLE the amount of guns and ammo. So like most democratic methods, all it does is throw their objective even farther back because none of their "solutions" ever work.

The day politicians crack down on crime by catching criminals instead of blaming responsible citizens will be the day...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I went to a sporting goods store near me that had a whole section of firearms and ammo. A couple months ago all their AR-15s are gone, they had a sweet AR-10 , which is also gone and almost 3/4 of their handsguns are also gone. A couple days ago, I went back to check again, and the store was closing down. I went straight to the gun section. All the ammo were gone and only a handful of bolt action rifles, some shotguns, and a couple revolvers are left.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Recent highly publicized SHOOTINGS have had the media in a tizzy. I can't COUNT how many Op/Ed columns call for more gun bans or Ammo bans, etc. But apparently the general public and lawmakers aren't listening to them, which is a good thing.
There's been plenty of the opposite, though. Even CNN hosted a column from Wayne LaPierre about why gun control was not the right response to the Mexican cartel wars.

Compared to what I remember from 10 years ago (and I am old enough to remember), the latest round of shootings really haven't provoked quite as many calls for gun control as I would have thought. It's really become a losing issue for politicians and the media. And that is what makes a new AWB, or anything similar, quite unlikely.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
You know who I hate? Chris Rock. He said that people should raise the price of bullets so people can't afford to shoot guns in a comedy skit, and look what happens. I've heard up to a 1000% tax on ammo rumored, but I don't see how anyone can get away with this.
Dude, do you seriously think Chris Rock has anything to do with this? Come on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Its funny how every time some dumbass politician tries to ban guns and ammo, people clean the shelves of both to the point where the armed citizen has DOUBLE the amount of guns and ammo. So like most democratic methods, all it does is throw their objective even farther back because none of their "solutions" ever work.
Right, but don't you think it's fair to say that the people deserve any blame for over-reacting?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Right, but don't you think it's fair to say that the people deserve any blame for over-reacting?
The following is a segment of dialouge from 1997's Men In Black.

Quote:
Kay: All right, kid, here's the deal. At any given time there are approximately 1500 aliens on the planet, most of them right here in Manhattan. And most of them are decent enough, they're just trying to make a living.
Jay: Cab drivers?
Kay: Not as many as you'd think.
Jay: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.