imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'm not an anime fan, so they're all the same to me.
Yeah, but you don't find many comic series where the ending of one section comes down to a heroine with a Rohm RG-14 [not by choice, mind you] against a bad guy with a CZ75. Some serious David and Goliath ensues, only David's slingshot probably had better ballistics. Hell, non-Magnum revolvers aren't even supposed to exist in fiction.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Rohms are junk, never even heard of them until it was identified for me when i screencapped american gangster
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Yeah, you'd think the gun used to shoot Reagan would be better known, if only as a rare time someone fired six shots from an RG14 and actually hit the thing he was aiming at with one of them.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
Gunsmith Cats, actually. I added that same image to the article on it because there's really no image you could use that sums up Rally's stance on CZ75 versions better.
Well truth be told that's where I first read about the original CZ 75's reputation and Gunsmith Cats was a well researched piece of story with so much firearms accuracy, it's unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Anime all burns the same.
Hey, Anime are works of art. You gotta respect the Japanese in how they do their animation over how our Cartoons are like. Don't tread on my hobby. I've done some of the bigger Anime page, Black Lagoon, Hellsing. I started the Gunslinger Girls page as well as Vandread. Guns in a lot of anime surprisingly had a lot of details. I mean I have yet to see an anime with guns with the infamous cliche "click" sound to show the gun's empty. I've seen slide lock back and characters pressing slide releases and reloading action even in low budget anime. It's beautiful.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 08-06-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'd watch them, but they are never on TV and I don't want to spend $100 on the box sets they sell in stores. And my school library has no good manga, and I don't go to the town library.

Basically, it isn't spoon fed to me, so I'm not familiar enough with it.

It's funny though how many emo/nerd girls in my school are obsessed with Japan and manga/anime.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
Yeah, you'd think the gun used to shoot Reagan would be better known, if only as a rare time someone fired six shots from an RG14 and actually hit the thing he was aiming at with one of them.
It didn't kill him, so I guess it didn't fall into infamy like the Carcano that alledgadley shot JFK. I knew a kid once who though Reagan was shot with an Uzi because of the USSS's case dropped on the ground that the Uzi was held in. I told him it was a .22 revolver, but I didn't know what type.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'd watch them, but they are never on TV and I don't want to spend $100 on the box sets they sell in stores. And my school library has no good manga, and I don't go to the town library.

Basically, it isn't spoon fed to me, so I'm not familiar enough with it.

It's funny though how many emo/nerd girls in my school are obsessed with Japan and manga/anime.
I can recommend you several sites where you can download for free anime and a place where you can read a ton of manga for free without downloading.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM

Do those sites have regular comics too?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

No, go to a comics shop for that kind of stuff

Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM

There are no damm comic shops in Brazil. Didn't you hear? We are all iliterate dumb bastards that rape our beautiful women. All while trying to illegaly immigrate to the United States so we can rape American Women and live on welfare. Or take jobs from REAL, WHITE, PROTESTANT AMERICANS.