imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
How long does it take YOU to reload a thirty round mag? (And remember, you chose fast zombies.)
If you read my post, you would have read that it takes 1 to 3 seconds to reload a new mag dumbshit. By the time, you load your shotgun I would have 3 accurate shots already. Good job, if you know anything about weapons, it's that magazine fed weapons are the best. That's why military, law enforcement, and spec ops use them, not fucking pump actions and and revolvers. Stop living in the 1950's. You're still dead.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
If you read my post, you would have read that it takes 1 to 3 seconds to reload a new mag dumbshit. By the time, you load your shotgun I would have 3 accurate shots already. Good job, if you know anything about weapons, it's that magazine fed weapons are the best. That's why military, law enforcement, and spec ops use them, not fucking pump actions and and revolvers. Stop living in the 1950's. You're still dead.
He meant how long does it take to load an empty magazine with loose rounds.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 PM

Id have t least one revolver due to durability, in an apocalyse scenario you cant mail your semi to customer service.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Thank you. I'm glad it was obvious to some.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Thank you. I'm glad it was obvious to some.
I got it right off the bat. This isn't a video game where all your half-empty mags get combined to make full ones automatically.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Id have t least one revolver due to durability, in an apocalyse scenario you cant mail your semi to customer service.
It's durable and reliable when you clean the fucking gun and take care of it.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
sillybunz13

Quote:
It'll take just as long as a shotgun but you're supposed to load before you decided to go outside. 7 30 magazines of 7.62x51 rounds with hollow points would hold off a lot of zombies until you find more ammo. You know how bulky and big he would be if he had 210 Buckshot SHELLS! Good luck.

Being prepared with a pump action and a revolver is dumb. Carrying shells and revolver rounds is clunky, slow to reload, and all over the place. It's not organized and slow. You would take forever to reload in the middle of zombies chasing you. You would die. If you reload with magazines, it's faster and it can save your life with the time saved. Like I said before, that's in war people use magazine fed rifles because it's organized and it's faster.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
It'll take just as long as a shotgun but you're supposed to load before you decided to go outside. 7 30 magazines of 7.62x51 rounds with hollow points would hold off a lot of zombies until you find more ammo. You know how bulky and big he would be if he had 210 Buckshot SHELLS! Good luck.

Being prepared with a pump action and a revolver is dumb. Carrying shells and revolver rounds is clunky, slow to reload, and all over the place. It's not organized and slow. You would take forever to reload in the middle of zombies chasing you. You would die. If you reload with magazines, it's faster and it can save your life with the time saved. Like I said before, that's in war people use magazine fed rifles because it's organized and it's faster.
In warfare you're fighting against human beings with the same limitations and vulnerabilities as yourself. The logistics of zombie fighting would be a bit different.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:

In a war. When you're with other people, people who can cover you or pull you to safety. When the enemy takes cover and has a sense of self preservation. When he may just be as scared or anxious as you. If I was going to war, of course I'd take an automatic rifle. But we're talking about zombies, or in your case, diseased humans. They're advancing toward you slowly (or quickly) and they will not stop until you are dead. They will not retreat. They will not regroup. They will not slow down to tend their wounded. They will not take a moment to reassess the situation. You have to kill as many as you can for an indeterminate amount of time.

I'm not going to run. I'm going to barricade myself in a defensible position with supplies, like in EVERY ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER MADE. (You have seen a zombie movie, correct?)
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
In warfare you're fighting against human beings with the same limitations and vulnerabilities as yourself. The logistics of zombie fighting would be a bit different.
A lot different in fact. Human heads are very easy to break, so hollow points or not or high caliber or .22 can go into a human skull. The only reason for different caliber is range.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Closed Thread