imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-17-2022, 03:34 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Movie armorer Instagram accounts

Creating a sticky thread - I'm trying to document all of the Instagram accounts related to movie guns and movie armorers so that we can use those accounts for research/references on IMFDB.

Here are the accounts that I have found on IG:

- Independent Studio Services
- Movie Armaments Group
- XTreme Props
- Bapty & Co.
- Cohort Film Services

If any of you come across any more, please let me know so that I can add to this list.

EDIT 4-7-2022: Added Cohort Film Services, which is ISS' U.K.-based sister company.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-07-2022 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:42 PM

These are definitely coming in handy; I've been often checking a couple of these. It's interesting to see that ISS already managed to get (at least) a dozen of MCX Spear rifles, especially considering that this thing is overpriced.

EDIT (05-07-2022): Apparently they got 25 MCX Spear rifles. Someone posted today a comment here discussing the civilian Spear, and Legacy Arms Intl replied the following: "The initial offering was of 50 rifles, 25 of which went to a movie prop company and the remaining went to master dealers throughout the country. No one knows for certain when the spear will hit the shelves on the civilian market but the word is that it will be different than this version."

Last edited by Ultimate94ninja; 05-07-2022 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:57 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate94ninja View Post
These are definitely coming in handy; I've been often checking a couple of these. It's interesting to see that ISS already managed to get (at least) a dozen of MCX Spear rifles, especially considering that this thing is overpriced.
Yeah, I've already updated some pages with pics of guns from the ISS and MAG IG accounts (e.g., I posted pics of the PWS MK1 that was used in "Baby Driver" and Season 10 of "Hawaii Five-0" on those pages).

It's exciting for me to see because it shows how far the movie armorer community has come. When I first joined IMFDB in the late-2000s, almost none of the armories even had web sites - we were one of the few places on the Internet which constituted a single-stop shop for pics of actual movie guns. Now they're quite active on the most popular social media platforms and posting pics of their guns regularly.