imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Which I said before in discussion is that he's just a bank robber, mass murder, pretending to be some kind of ethnic cleanser.
But then aren't you contradicting your own post that I quoted?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

That's the point. First he leads us to believe he is some kind of crusader, and then it boils down to him being a bank robber

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
That's the point. First he leads us to believe he is some kind of crusader, and then it boils down to him being a bank robber
No, that's not the point. The point, as I explained, is that it's deliberately vague. We really don't know for sure what his motives were. There are too many gray areas, and that's deliberate. That's even what Boll says in the commentary.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:17 AM

im not going to bother watching it.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
im not going to bother watching it.
Nobody's saying you have to. But my opinion is that it was a good movie.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Even though this thread has derailed to a Rampage discussion. My thoughts on the film. (watched it last night, you got to love instant streaming on Netflix)

I was really surprised, I've seen maybe two other Boll films all the way through. They sucked ass. Rampage was actually pretty decent.

The only bad thing, for most viewers who know nothing about American guns laws, the weapons he uses might seem plausible. There's no way he'd be able to afford that kind of hardware, legal or illegal. I would have rather saw him with some cheaper semi-auto weapons. Even though it's a movie, it fuels ignorance about American gun laws.

I also liked that there was some humor. The bingo scenes, freaking great. He's in there head to toe with armor toting guns and they just keep on playing.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ok, I'll admit, the Bingo scene was funny as hell and it had that kinda tension like is he going to mow everyone down or something.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-29-2010, 06:08 PM

I would like to see more of this weapon in games and films, but the fact of the matter is, it seems there just isn't enough time or money in most cases to teach movie or TV show actors how to use, aim, and reload a weapon properly by themselves, especially in the case of the MP7 where the stock, iron sights, and vertical foregrip all fold into the the body of the weapon. Without being told which part is which and does what function, you're not going to likely know this without even a passing familiarity with firearms, and so it seems the "standard procedure" is to teach just enough to an actor to look menacing if not competent to the observant eye.