imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 11-24-2008, 06:04 AM

Question Collateral

What brand of holster did "Vincent" (Cruise) use in the movie. I know it was an inside waistband kydex type material, but thats about it.

thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTash at HKPro
These are the two e-mail's that I received in response to my original e-mail to Mick Gould, who was the firearms instructor in "Collateral".

Dear Mr. Gould:

As an owner of a H&K USP .45F, I know that you were instrumental in training Tom Cruise for the film “Collateral”. Excellent movie, by the way. I have enjoyed your work in “Miami Vice”, “Heat” and “Ronin”.

My question is, what make, model and brand was the holster that was used in that film?

This has been a long, and much debated topic on the internet gun forums that I visit, i.e. HKPro and others with little success and we were hoping that if we went to the source, you might be able to provide us with that information.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

The replies:

Dear Mr XXXX,

Mick is in Chicago working on another movie at the moment, I will forward your email to him, however I shall speak to him this evening probably on business issues, I shall pose your question to him then if that is OK with you, thank you for your enquiry.

Regards

Peter Franks

Mr XXXX,

Mick says he thinks it was called a 'YAKKI SLIDE' (not sure of the spelling) however Tom kept it! Hope that helps?

Regards

Peter Franks
Accuratus Ballistics
This didn't seem to settle anything on the forum as some argued Yaqui Slides are OWB, while others stated they could be worn IWB with little or no modification.

The holster:
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM

Default holster

I saw that on the HK forum and know that the holster used in the movie was not a Yaqui slide. The holster Cruise used during training was a Yaqui slide, but not in the movie. Someone has to know.........somewhere.........
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
geoffism

I have the same question i have more detail though hope it helps

http://www.imfdb.org/forum/showthread.php?t=258