imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Default Most Impressive Movie Armory

I'm sure we've all seen movies which give some screen time to a characters personal armory. I'd like to know which one you guys think is the best. Either in terms of size, or variety of weapons or whatever really. Personally, I'd say the one in the Boondock Saints is pretty awesome, mostly for that DShK heavy machine gun and plus it had a nice assortment of guns. Plus the way it was presented, like they were going through a candy store.

Another thing though, why is it that you hardly ever see enough ammo to supply all the guns, if any. Doesn't seem to make much sense to stock up on all that firepower and then under supply yourself with any bullets with which to shoot.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:42 PM

Not as big as the one in Boondock Saints but Brad Pitt had a pretty nice set up in his underground arsenal in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzer View Post

Another thing though, why is it that you hardly ever see enough ammo to supply all the guns, if any. Doesn't seem to make much sense to stock up on all that firepower and then under supply yourself with any bullets with which to shoot.
Well movie wise, obviously they can never find all the ammo boxes enough to arm every single gun we see on the wall. Realistically, if there were such stockpiles of weapons, there would be. This is cinema and it's all about the guns, not the ammo

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

I would have to agree with the armory in the Boondock Saints. Although my appreciation for it is dampened since I spent a good couple of hours documenting every single gun in there.

The armory in Commando was pretty impressive (and had more than one heavy machine gun), although my feelings toward it are the same.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:18 AM

The armory in commando is a comedy scene lol, sporting goods stores with quad barrel rocket launcers and grenades to compliment the full auto selection?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:26 AM

Eh...... Terminator 2 anyone? It had more guns than both those movies, including several assault rifles, machine guns an M79 and a goddamn Minigun! Not to mention is had the coolest hiding place ever.... under a buncha sand!

The obvious choice for size and firepower would have to be The Matrix, but that was a computer program which can spawn anything so that doesn't count.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Obviously the Matrix loading room full of guns doesn't count. I'm sure most of it was CGI repeats.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-29-2009, 08:43 AM

Danny Glover's trunk in Predator 2.

A handgun in damn near every caliber and style possible, a customized short-barreled 12-gauge and probably a couple of full sized boomsticks, enough body armor to outfit a platoon...and a CAR-15-style assault rifle with an M203 mounted underneath and HE rounds. And the shit's mobile, too?

2nd place has to go to El Mariachi's guitar case in Desperado.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM

How about the armory in the Farmer's shed in Hot Fuzz?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalyn View Post
How about the armory in the Farmer's shed in Hot Fuzz?
Yeah, good one! Of course, that one's mostly supposed to be a spoof of similar scenes in other movies. But I loved it.