imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Accessing IMFDB

I wished there's a way to make it unable for regular members to edit and make stupid pages. Like all current members who know how to do the job are cleared for access, but new members or members we've filtered that aren't good at making pages or make random stupid pages are unable to and would have to ask an admin to have access to make a page. This way, even if someone register, he cant make a bad page that's crap or another Halo page

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Please do so =D, I'm sure someone knows how to do this around here.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I think you're taking the "Halo" controversy a little too seriously. Please calm down. Yes, there are a lot of members (not just Anonymous users) who can be annoying, but it's not practical for us to have a judge-and-jury system.

It is pretty frustrating sometimes, but again, that's why we have admins and why we have discussions about this stuff. There are always going to be gray areas that need to be resolved, and members who will disagree with each other.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-08-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Maybe I am a bit off, but I do think letting people simply ask and show they do know how to make a page and if they don't know, then we won't give them the ability to make a page or edit. It helps spammers and noobs.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to The Mercenary Send a message via AIM to The Mercenary

What about someone who wants to make a start to a page and give others the chance of adding to it? thats the point of imfb isn't it, everybody building a complete account of movie firearms?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary View Post
What about someone who wants to make a start to a page and give others the chance of adding to it?
Uh, so you're saying people should start a weak page .... and then expect OTHER PEOPLE to finish it? Epic Fail in my book.