imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 AM

Default Fake Chainguns in Transformers 2

Having just bought a copy of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I'm wondering...Are the fake "Chainguns" on the NEST vehicles built around anything. I ask because i saw them in the first Transformers film and in this lattest film they seem to be on M1917 mounts. meaning that they look like mounts fabricated from Old M1917 tripod mounts. As they are seen to be "Fireing" in this lattest film I'd love to take a closer look at the systems.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I wished there were better shots of the guns in general. Transformers 2 had the classic Bay style with the camera angles all over the place and barely any time to absorb what guns who is using. Some of the soldiers look like they are using M16s with some kind of weird handguard prop over them to make it look futuristic. I can't tell who is using what from the bad lighting and the odd angles.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM

True enough it's going to be a real bitchkitty to screencap that film. Someone had better get John a High def copy of the film and lots of Jolt Cola(or whatever his enegy drink of choice is.)

Still it's nice to have visual proof to tell people that they didn't use GAU-19/As on the NEST trucks.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I have the movie too and in good quality so I'll take a look at it and SEE if I can get anything good. Most likely not.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 AM

It's funny I've got someone telling me that the NEST "Chainguns" are really GAU-19/A when they are the wrong scale, the ammunition container is wrong for a GAU-19 and the mount for the weapon is that of a M1917 machinegun. I mean come on people there is a picture of a real GAU-19 on a factory HMMWV mount to compair the weapons...
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I wished there were better shots of the guns in general. Transformers 2 had the classic Bay style with the camera angles all over the place and barely any time to absorb what guns who is using. Some of the soldiers look like they are using M16s with some kind of weird handguard prop over them to make it look futuristic. I can't tell who is using what from the bad lighting and the odd angles.
I always figured those were meant to be simulate some new grenade launcher, firing some kind of "high heat SABOT round" (noted in Transformers 1 as being able to penetrate the Decepticons' armor).

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman