imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Yeah but wasn't Lee Marvin's character drunk during that fight? That's not fair. No way some guy from the Nancy Tribe (England) would ever get the drop on a sober Lee Marvin. And even then he beat the hell out of Moore's character.

DISCLAIMER: The British male has shown himself to be an outstanding example of kick-ass manhood over the past seven hundred years (even if he does talk funny) and the above remark is in now way intended to disparage the British male or infer that somehow the British is male is lacking in "Maleness". To all our British members please take a deep breath.

I actually like many British male actors.

In a real tough, kick ass, smoke cigars and drink whiskey guy kind of way.
No, Moore REALLY beat up Lee Marvin. Not Marvin's character in a movie, but a perfectly sober Lee Marvin who saw him coming

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
No, Moore REALLY beat up Lee Marvin. Not Marvin's character in a movie, but a perfectly sober Lee Marvin who saw him coming
Oh really? Wow I would like to hear that story. Do you have the details or where can I go to get them.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Oh really? Wow I would like to hear that story. Do you have the details or where can I go to get them.
Roger Moore's IMDB page, I believe. This is second hand info, BTW

Old 06-12-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
I've tasered some pretty tough characters to include a medically diagnosed Shizophrenic who was not only hearing the voices, but was self-medicating with Meth. That subject went down. And I didn't "eat the taser".

There are some very dangerous people out there though. I've dealt with a few "Homeless" people who I would never turn my back on. They are not the poor pathetic people that the bleeding heart crowd weeps over. They're crazy, dangerous and violent.

Well I wouldn't want to take on Mr. Bronson or Mr. Marvin though. LOL.
Unfortunatly I have seen people who have kept fighting after getting shocked by an old Taser and there are people who have remained upright when hit by the lattest taser.

As far as MACE or hell CR riotgas goes I know of at least one person who could fight in a room full of the stuff without a mask on.

There are not many people who can do that sort of thing but they unfortunatly do exist.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Anyway, yes, work sucks. My advise to those of y'all who are still in high school is: Stop bitching about how much homework you have, or getting depressed that some girl you like doesn't like you back. The reason I say this is because: (1.) college will be the best time of your life, and (2.) life after college sucks so badly that your high school grievances will seem extremely trivial in retrospect.
Thanks for the advice. And if you need a way to get past the filters, I've got some stuff that might help.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Try doing 4 major projects at the same time, all due on the same day, when you have to go do work at the woods (Jasper) every weekend. I didn't have much homework because I do 98% of it in class and don't take AP courses (I could, but I'd probably snap and stab someone in the neck with a pencil)
Hmmm, yeah, I guess I can't relate so much. In my family, it was pretty much academics before everything else. I did have chores (mowing the lawn, mostly) and summer jobs, but my parents were always pushing me to get good grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
Thanks for the advice. And if you need a way to get past the filters, I've got some stuff that might help.
I appreciate it, but it's not such a good idea to try. Besides, I can still get on here in the evenings and on weekends, which is fine by me.

Last edited by MT2008; 06-12-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Unfortunatly I have seen people who have kept fighting after getting shocked by an old Taser and there are people who have remained upright when hit by the lattest taser.

As far as MACE or hell CR riotgas goes I know of at least one person who could fight in a room full of the stuff without a mask on.

There are not many people who can do that sort of thing but they unfortunatly do exist.
Pepper Spray has limited effectiveness and I don't put alot of faith in Tear Gas. I saw a guy snap a pair of hinged handcuffs once and I've seen my share of shooting and stabbing where the person kept on going for awhile. But I have never seen anyone continue to stand after getting zapped with the latest taser generation. That is as long as both barbs penetrate the subject's skin. If one of the barbs fail to penetrate then yes you won't have a good connection and it will be less than effective. We now have cartridges with longer barbs in case the subject is wearing a thick coat, multiple layers of clothing ect.

Like anything there is no magic bullet. Your right about that. It's more about having a toolbox from which you can take the right tool for the job. Which is why I carry handcuffs, a taser, a radio, a flashlight (I've stopped people by blinding them), an Asp, Pepper Spray, a Benchmade folding blade knife, a GLOCK , a vest and a shotgun in my car.

Oh and I also have my brain and my ability to talk. TAlk talk talk talk talk talk. I'll talk all day long if that will work.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Pepper Spray has limited effectiveness
I heard it was better to use wasp spray

Old 06-13-2010, 02:26 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I heard it was better to use wasp spray
I have never heard that before. Are you serious?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
I have never heard that before. Are you serious?
Longer range, potential for permanant blindness