imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 AM

Well this thread has been very helpful so far but I have two further questions.

I am well aware that a "stealth" pistol or firearm, meaning one that can evade metal detectors, does not exist. Even if you were to make a fire arm entirely out of plastics, the bullets would show up. And even those firearms made of plastics in existence are so dense that they do show up on image scanners. However, my I wonder if an extremely hard ceramic could be used not just for the body and mechanics of the gun, but also for the bullets. However this raises a few questions. Would standard gunpowder show up on these scans, would a useful ceramic or light but sturdy plastic show up on these scans, and would it be possible to make a bullet of any use?

My second question is related to the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth. I like it as a concealable weapon, but for my purposes it would be less useful without a silencer. However I can not determine if a silencer for the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth exists or if it would be appropriate considering the nature of the gun. If the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth is not appropriate for a silencer, then I would be interested in a similar handgun, not necessarily chambered in 9mm, that would be appropriate for a silencer and would be easily concealed.