imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

don't forget the dread barrel shrouds

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
That's jist saying anyone with a hack saw can just chop the barrel and the stock of any gun to make it concealable in a trench coat. And seriously who wears a fucking trench coat today? You see a guy walking around in a trench coat and that's just begging for attention
Well, I sometimes wore a long black coat to work when I was employed at a law firm. It was kind of trench coat-ish, but it didn't make me look like a criminal. Just a douchebag.

Anyway, folding stocks were one of the features that gun controllers deemed as characteristic of "assault weapons". It's not a totally far-out idea (I know for a fact that I can easily fit my AK under a long coat with the stock removed, and I'm not even that tall a guy), but it doesn't make much sense considering that barrel lengths for rifles are already mandated at 16" or more, which negates any chance of concealing most rifles, folding stock or no.

Not to mention...have any criminals ever even tried to conceal rifles beneath trench coats? Aside from "Heat" (where the robbers used 11.5-inch ARs that wouldn't be legal for civvies to own unless registered as SBRs), I don't think I've ever heard of criminals doing this. Anyone who values a concealable weapon chooses handguns, plain and simple.

Last edited by MT2008; 07-15-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Like I said though, my 18" barrel Cruiser can be fully concealed in my jacket if I stick the barrel in my pocket. But I don't plan on carrying it around like that...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

BTW, I really don't care too much if H&K ever wants to release an SL8 that looks more like a G36 (with all of the "evil" features that used to be illegal under the AWB). The G36 is shit, anyway, by most accounts.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
BTW, I really don't care too much if H&K ever wants to release an SL8 that looks more like a G36 (with all of the "evil" features that used to be illegal under the AWB). The G36 is shit, anyway, by most accounts.
You just don't have the giant square German man-hands that would allow you to appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
You just don't have the giant square German man-hands that would allow you to appreciate it.
Among other things.

I suck and H&K hates me. Well, whatever...fuck 'em.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

He's a civilian, so who cares? He sucks, and they hate him. Now it's just mutual.

EDIT: When I wrote this, Matt's comment wasn't up yet, so talk about timing!

Last edited by Gunmaster45; 07-16-2009 at 05:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Not to mention...have any criminals ever even tried to conceal rifles beneath trench coats? Aside from "Heat" (where the robbers used 11.5-inch ARs that wouldn't be legal for civvies to own unless registered as SBRs), I don't think I've ever heard of criminals doing this. Anyone who values a concealable weapon chooses handguns, plain and simple.
What about in the mini series The Kill Point. They walked into the back in the opening scene with their guns in trench coats

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-16-2009, 05:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Tom Sizemore had the Galil ARM and just let the barrel stick out of his jacket. No one seemed to notce as he left the bank.

And before the Columbine shooting, the two shooters wore trenchcoats. They ditched them after they used the guns being held in them, which is why they aren't wearing them in the survielance camera footage.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 PM
IMFDB Admin

I guess in a crowded area, people are too busy to notice a barrel sticking out and in reality, most people arent looking for suspecious people walking around. We might notice them, but then look away and get back to what we were doing. A lot of us are so used to the sense of security of peace, it's when the shit hits the fan when most of us freak out