imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-06-2009, 08:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

The hole in your wallet must be huge!

I see a Remington 742 and a Mossberg 500 on the top.

To the left is an AR-15 (not sure what type) with an EOTech 552 sight (that's a pretty penny) and to the right is an AKM, probably something Romanian.

The pistols are a 3rd Gen Glock 17, a Heckler & Koch P2000, a 1911 (can't think of what type), and a Springfield XD Compact.

On the bottom is an SKS (again, likely Romanian) and a Marlin 925 .22 Magnum.

If I got anything wrong, please correct me.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 AM

Yeah, I've spent a few bucks on my guns. Pretty good job on identifying them all. A few minor corrections, but real good job for the most part. The rifle on top is actually a Remington 7400 which is what replaced the 742 when it was discontinued. Essentially the same thing though. It has a 3x9 Nikon Prostaff scope on it. Mossberg 500 is correct. The AR-15 is a Bushmaster 16" M4gery and the EOTech is actually a 557. Along with having the 1moa dot in the center of the 65moa circle it also has 3 extra dots for compensating bullet drop at 400m, 500m, and 600m. I prefer Magpul PMags over the regular USGI mags. The AK is a Romanian WASR-10. Correct on the 3rd Gen Glock 17. Also correct on the HK P2000 which is chambered in .40S&W. The 1911 is a Springfield Loaded Black Stainless with adjustable night sights. The XD subcompact is also chambered in .40S&W. The SKS is a Chinese Paratrooper model. (I know the sling looks kinda hokey, that was done by the guy I bought it from and I haven't done anything with it yet). The rifle on the bottom is actually a Savage Mark-II in .22lr, notice it's a left hand bolt.

Last edited by FirearmFan; 04-07-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

IMO I did piss poor actually... anyway, great collection.

Are you a lefty yourself or is the .22 an inconveniance because of the bolt?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Are you a lefty yourself or is the .22 an inconveniance because of the bolt?
I am indeed a lefty. It makes being a shooter somewhat of a hassle at times. The HK P2000 was my first pistol b/c it has ambi slide stop and mag release. Now I pretty much can manipulate any firearm to work for a lefty. Lefty bolts are more convenient but many rifles aren't available in left handed models, particularly military surplus rifles such as the Mosin Nagant or Lee Enfield. So I am used to working a righty bolt. The XD subcompact is my carry piece and due to it's small size I can't really reach the slide stop to close the slide but I use the slingshot method anyways so no problem there.

Last edited by FirearmFan; 04-07-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I have respect for the M16 series, though, any bad rep is hard to get rid of, credible or not. I have no problem with Glocks either, I love second gens, but the Glock 21 is too big a gun. If I want 13 rounds of .45 in a tupperware gun, I'll grab an XD. Now that is a good budget gun.
All my Glocks are second generation. It is the only plastic gun I am willing to spend money on.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

I hate the term "plastic guns", I like Glocks. They shoot nice and weight less fully loaded than an unloaded 1911. Polymer may not be steel but it works well, and it is alloy (seriously, I could never own a soda can frame...)
Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM

Unlike metal plastic deteriorate from the get go. Even if the plastic gun is never use and kept in perfect storage it will still deteriorate to a point of unusable.

Also plastic aren't good at extreme environments.

I stay away from plastic guns with the exception of Glock.

1000 Round Glock Torture Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JuF23qazI

AK jam then blew up a few rounds later.
http://rpginn.com/index.php?option=c...=605&Itemid=39

Extreme training with weapons.
http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/...p?topic=1731.0