imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 AM
bubble920

Default Three Kings

I was wondering if the creator of the Three Kings page could edit the "Kevlar" section at the bottom of the page.
During Gulf War I troops were supplied PASGT vests or soft armour. It is designed to stop debris/frags and some pistol rounds. It would not stop a 7.62mm round from an AK variant especially a steel core one.
The current Interceptor Body Armor is capable of stopping an AK round.

By the way keep up the good work on the site I like it.

Last edited by bubble920; 05-05-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:59 PM

All soft body armor doesn't stop rifle bullets, that include Kevlar. However in Hollywood they do.

GW1 troops did use hard body armor but it was mostly limited to Special Force.

Wearing over 25lbs of hard body armor isn't fun if you asks me.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

which would still be incorrect in the movie since Marky mark's character wasn't spec ops

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM

From the screenshot he was wearing soft body armor.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Sorry about that, he said in the movie that he was "wearing fashionable kevlar", but i didnt think about it. And if theres a problem, go ahead and change it, you dont have to ask for permission.

-edit: I'm almost done with the Peacemaker page actually, i just need to upload everything. Soon, though.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default I have problems with the page

Someone's pulling a GM45 moment on this page. (apologies He is WAAAAAYYYY better nowadays and should be praised for his restraint) The Clooney's finger section seems ridiculous. I don't want to see other users posting more 'viscera' special effects shots of bullet wounds from shows like CSI or NCIS or (you get the picture). Sections for AKMs, M16s and now CLOONEY'S FINGER?

If it is NOT pertinent MOVIE TRIVIA then don't put it in there. There are OTHER movies that are 'accurate' when it comes to warfare (not many but there are). I myself have put trivia special sections on pages but it's usually a quick note addressing common misconceptions about a film, but you're straying way too far off the focus of GUNS/MOVIES/MOVIE TRIVIA.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:33 PM

gotcha boss, so should i delete it or put it under trivia?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

I try but I sometimes bend the rules .

I added "Smith's Hand" to the Shoot 'Em Up page, because he actually used his hand to fire bullets, is that fair game?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 PM

I remember a test where they put 300 win mag on a heat plate and covered it by a box, and the rounds cooking off didnt pierce the box. The casing actually is more dangerous than the bullet that case, and only if it hits you in the eye while its hot. Youre right, one of the dumbest movie ideas eevr. never saw this one but my friend told me the whole thing is a joke
Old 05-02-2009, 06:06 AM
bubble920

Am not having a go at you mate just trying to make it correct. I don't know how to edit pages.
Also even if Archie was in Delta or not doesn't mean he is carrying a .45 all of the time. It is mission specific.