imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 AM

Is it possible to create an "incomplete" category tag, we could just slap that on pages that are incomplete/crap and we can delete the tag off the page when somebody does it properly.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

But if we made this category, when would we consider a page DONE or INCOMPLETE. IMO, pages with widescreen bars on the screencaps are incomplete, but others may disagree.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
But if we made this category, when would we consider a page DONE or INCOMPLETE. IMO, pages with widescreen bars on the screencaps are incomplete, but others may disagree.
I don't think so, actually. If all the images need to be photoshopped and re-uploaded, it's the same as if all the images are blurry or have watermarks; if someone's going through that category looking for things to do, there's things for them to do on that page.

I'd say "done" would be if all the images are of good quality, have informative captions, and there are per-weapon writeups of reasonable quality in terms of saying what's done with each weapon and anything special about it, which include a real gun image where one is available and link to the weapon's page if there is one. So not when there's nothing you could possibly add (since you can always add more information), but when there's nothing you could take away and still have a good article.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

I have to be honest. I really want to revamp Transformers, because it is loaded with widescreen bar screencaps. I'm starting to feel really guilty though for redoing pages people already did, which is keeping me from it. I don't want to tread on Orca1 9904, since aside from the widescreen bars (and some crappy quality promotional images), he did a pretty good job with the page.

So, what do you guys think?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 AM

I say go for it.
If I had some low quality shots I wouldn't mind if someone replaced them with higher quality shots.

BTW I made the incomplete category, I slapped it on a few incomplete films.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Category:Incomplete
Old 07-13-2009, 08:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'll consider working on Transformers, but I think Orca1 9904's approval is needed first.

As for the incomplete category, it seems to work nice, but I'm sure there are many more pages than that, so some site sweeping is called for. I wonder, wouldn't a template category seem more appropriate, so a message at the top of the page says "Incomplete", like wikipedia does?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 AM

Like this?

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Template:Incomplete
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM

That works as well but it takes longer seeing as you

1> have to press submit
2> have to type in the spamblocker code
3> have to press submit again
Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why it does that, since there isn't a new external link in the template, which is:

Quote:
{| align=center style="border: 2px solid #000000; background-color:transparent; padding:1px; width:60%;"
|-
| style="background-color: black; color:#000000; margin:10px; border: none; text-align:center; padding: 5px;"|[[Image:Annihlator_2000.jpg|left|150px]]<br><font color="white"><span style="font-size:125%;font-weight:900;">'''Nice, but where's the trigger?'''</span><br>

''This article or section is [[:Category:Incomplete|incomplete]]. You can help '''IMFDB''' by <span class="plainlinks">[{{SERVER}}{{localurl:{{NAMESPACE}}:{{PAGENAME}}|ac tion=edit}} expanding it]</span>.''</font>
|}<includeonly>[[Category:Incomplete]]</includeonly>

<noinclude>Use this template to mark an article as [[:Category:Incomplete|incomplete]]. Place the text '''<nowiki>{{Incomplete}}</nowiki>''' at the bottom of the article. The article will then be automatically added to the "incomplete" category.

[[Category:Templates]]</noinclude>
[The forum's stuck a space in "action" for some reason, which shouldn't be there]. Might be worth someone admin-side taking a look at what the spam-blocker is actually picking up and changing it, otherwise it'll probably block other templates too. Also, I wrote it up slightly incorrectly before; you only need to add {{Incomplete}} to an article to make it appear, the "Template:" part isn't needed.

Also, since everyone's adding it to the top of the article, should I change the part about adding it to the bottom?

Last edited by Vangelis; 07-13-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM

I added it to the top on purpose so that the instant someone enters the page they will know it's incomplete.

oh and this page is crap
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Alpha_Dog