imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

You still need to put it in proper format though.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:05 AM

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Rene_Russo

-edit nvm

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 07-09-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:18 AM

Eh, again, my response is massively delayed because of my computer being gone, but I don't thing the Zombie Panic: Source page should be deleted strictly because it is a mod, especially since it's one of the few mods promoted by Steam, along with Insurgency and TrackMania. That is proof enough that the game is popular and therefore deserves to be on the site. Granted that in game there are names for each gun, and I have no idea what condition the actual page was in, just because it isn't an actual game doesn't mean we have to delete it. I think it should be put back up.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Eh, again, my response is massively delayed because of my computer being gone, but I don't thing the Zombie Panic: Source page should be deleted strictly because it is a mod, especially since it's one of the few mods promoted by Steam, along with Insurgency and TrackMania. That is proof enough that the game is popular and therefore deserves to be on the site. Granted that in game there are names for each gun, and I have no idea what condition the actual page was in, just because it isn't an actual game doesn't mean we have to delete it. I think it should be put back up.
Well there are also alot of popular flashgames as well.
If Zombie Panic Source is allowed because of popularity then also will a load of flash-games like madness interactive and when crap like that is on the site
I personally think that the site has gone to hell.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 AM

I think any legitimate game should be allowed so long as it has real weapons that can or need to be identified, including flash games. Sure there are a lot out there, and 95 percent of them are crap, but good flash gun games like Thing Thing (which was made by an actual gun enthusiast) should be fine. It's not like we don't or didn't have an influx of crappy pages before, so we should let the good ones through the filter and then delete the garbage like we have been doing. Also, stating that a more than legitimate game like ZP:S is a gateway to hell for the website is absurd. If that is the only argument against it, there is no good reason that the page should be deleted.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:12 AM

Well either Phoenixient or MoviePropMaster2008 said that user-made content will not be allowed on imfdb and the general rules are that if it does not appear on imdb it's not eligible to be in imfdb.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, legit Movies, TV shows, Anime, and Video Games are allowed. But not flash games. Those are crap, no matter how big of a gun enthusiast made them.

Things listed on IMDB only, with minor exceptions (like Rainbow Six: Vegas and Vegas 2 aren't listed on IMDB [properly], but they obviously have reason to be on the site).
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 AM

I think you all are being a little too harsh in regard to flash, but I will set that aside because that isn't my point. ZP:S is still, as I have said before, a legitimate modification/game and the gateway theory as well as the fact that it isn't listed on the site we are mirroring is inconsequential. The site is for listing guns in various forms of media, and, thankfully, the mod/game I am arguing for has some ground to stand on and isn't total crap. It's on par with Insurgency, which is still allowed a page, and I know a lot of people who play it. We can bend the ironclad rules for it, I think.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Yeah, legit Movies, TV shows, Anime, and Video Games are allowed. But not flash games. Those are crap, no matter how big of a gun enthusiast made them.

Things listed on IMDB only, with minor exceptions (like Rainbow Six: Vegas and Vegas 2 aren't listed on IMDB [properly], but they obviously have reason to be on the site).
Well I think a solution for the titles that are not listed on imdb would be whether or not it has a Publisher for video games.

When people are browsing the site I don't think they want to have to sort through all the amateurish 3rd party crap in order to get to the legitimate stuff.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

We can restore the CS mod if neccessary, I see no problem with that. If the developers made the mod, it isn't a big deal.