imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 PM

I think to CC you should have a rotation of guns, make sure you have a small gun for hot weather, jogs, any time a full size is not practical. Something light enough that it will be confortable, big heavy pistols tend to be left at home. People will say "hm, not going anywhere risky, ill be okay without it." Carry what you can at the time, rule one of a gunfight....have a gun.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 AM

Plus, if you live somewhere hot, like gulf coastal Texas (God, why is there no winter here?!?!?) you never really wear a jacket except for in December and some of January, so you can't carry a full size

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 AM

k9870's got it right, it's not the same everywhere and seasons change, and so you should have a few guns for different weather conditions, but for my area, my ideal gun is a full size.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:48 AM

Theres also different activities, like you cant throw a p220 on the hip while jogging.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 AM

In my area, little autos and revolvers are king because it's hot all the time. It's not even cool enough for a long sleve shirt yet

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 PM

One gun that I thought was a dumb idea but ended up really liking is the SIG p238. Its a modernized colt mustang, except made by sig. Will share all mags and holsters. Unlike the Mustang, the SIg eats hollowpoints all day based on the tests ive seen.

I like how its small and light for confortable carry, apparently it has much less recoil than any blowback gun, even the larger walther ppk. Its supposed to be softer shooting and much more ocnfortable than any lcp/p3at.

I hate the dao triggers on most of these little guns, and the SAO sig would let me shoot better. Just wish there was a good da/sa this size. The idea of a SAO pocket gun was bad to me, but i like it better. Its not how fast you get on target, its how well you hit it. Also, most pocket guns have crap sites. The sig has nice 3-dot night sights. Id like to get one some day.