imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 PM

It wasn't made by Valve, it was made by an independent team, but they have had this and a pre-source version and have done extensive work on their mods over the past few years, and their mod is recognized by steam so much so, it auto-updates on the steam page, just like all of the other games made by Valve. It's not 3rd party crap in the least.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
It wasn't made by Valve, it was made by an independent team, but they have had this and a pre-source version and have done extensive work on their mods over the past few years, and their mod is recognized by steam so much so, it auto-updates on the steam page, just like all of the other games made by Valve. It's not 3rd party crap in the least.
Counterstrike has a Publisher and it is also listed on IMDB so it's eligible.

BTW Counterstrike is no longer considered a mod as it is standalone.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 PM

I was talking about ZP:S............
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I was talking about ZP:S............
Well Zombie Panic Source......

*Is not on IMDB
*Is 3rd party
*Is a Mod
*Does not have a Publisher
Old 07-11-2009, 06:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to MattyDienhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
Just going through the videogame category, here's a nice run of stunningly bad pages for the chop:
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Deus_Ex
That one definitely needs to go. I've spent a lot of time playing that game and I can assure you that even those few so-called likenesses are the results of overactive imaginations. All of the weapons in Deus Ex are fictional.

Quote:
A Glock chambered in 10mm with a single-stack magazine
Oh come on now.

Oh hey, continuing on from my rant about wiki templates, when someone figures out how to code proper templates, we should create some of those maintenance tags to put at the top of articles signifying they need improvements of some sort. For example, a 'this article needs screenshots' tag. In fact, it could even be coded so it automatically adds whatever page it's placed on to a special maintenance category, like "Category:Pages without screenshots". That would make it a lot easier to find articles that need work done.

Last edited by MattyDienhoff; 07-11-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyDienhoff View Post
I can assure you that even those few so-called likenesses are the results of overactive imaginations.
I think that can be said for a large amount of video game weapons.

"cough'PerfectDark'cough"

-This page has really crappy grammar

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Planet_Terror

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 07-12-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Sci Fi Gunner

Angry

I spent A LOT of time getting those screen shots for Perfect Dark and just to have it deleted because it was for "a 100 year old" console (the game was released in 2000) and because "Dongs is an idiot" is bit of a piss off for me. Granted it needed major clean up (especially after it was messed up) but it is considerably harder to fix when it no longer exists than it is to fix it and lock it.

GTA:VC came out in 2002 (by this boards math that's about 75 years old) should it be deleted?

And whats wrong with listing fictional weapons and GoldenEye 007 weapons?

Several fictional weapons have their own pages (i.e. "Terminators' " General Dynamics RSB-80 Plasma Gun) and if a gun is in a sequel list it. Should it say instead on Dr. No "The PPK was in all bond movies until Tomorrow Never Dies" and then remove the PPK from all movies in between?

Maybe creating an "Internet Video Game Firearm Database" and moving all the game stuff would be a good idea?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Gunner View Post
I spent A LOT of time getting those screen shots for Perfect Dark
They were hideous emulator screenshots missing the background of the pause menu, so the weapon was sitting in a tiny box in the middle of a huge, useless black void. They're also still on the Wiki since nobody deleted them.

Quote:
Several fictional weapons have their own pages (i.e. "Terminators' " General Dynamics RSB-80 Plasma Gun)
I asked several admins the same question, and they told me that only weapons which could possibly be confused for real devices should be covered; no ray guns unless they strongly resemble [or are] converted real guns. The fictional weapons with their own pages have either appeared in so many movies that people might consider them real devices, are real devices, or both. This hardly matches up with Perfect Dark's deformed dolphin railgun.

Quote:
Should it say instead on Dr. No "The PPK was in all bond movies until Tomorrow Never Dies" and then remove the PPK from all movies in between?
No, because Bond actually uses the weapon for something in later movies. The Goldeneye weapon section might as well just be a footnote in Perfect Dark since that's all the weapons are.

Last edited by Vangelis; 07-12-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Sci Fi Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
They were hideous emulator screenshots missing the background of the pause menu, so the weapon was sitting in a tiny box in the middle of a huge, useless black void. They're also still on the Wiki since nobody deleted them.
There is currently no known emulator (that I know of at least) that works "perfect" with this game and after all the screwing around people did on "GoldenEye 007" I figured a clear side shot (which can only be gotten in the menu) would be a better way to ID the guns than a rear view.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I think that can be said for a large amount of video game weapons.

"cough'PerfectDark'cough"

-This page has really crappy grammar

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Planet_Terror
I plan to redo the entire Grindhouse collection in the future, so I'll fix that.