imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wingo View Post
What exactly is "limiting" about it?
No stock is bad, much harder to aim. A top or side-folding stock would be nice. The short barrel is OK.

Quote:
She'll carry only her primary and the Walther when she's on patrol. The S&W is her "off-duty" gun.
Sounds good.

Quote:
No thanks, I'm not really into either Buffy or Jason Bourne. Although I do have a few ideas for a Hanna/Dirty Harry crossover.
Ok, I just found that the author managed several very impressive things: A. He wrote a good fanfic, and used good grammar. B. He wrote Buffy first-person very well. C. The military was portrayed correctly and competent. Pretty sure the author is current/former military, it's that good IMO. D. The crossovers work. It crosses over with Predator, Bourne, Hanna, Splinter Cell, The A-team, Bionic Man and Bionic Woman, The Exorsist (No, seriously) and a couple others and IMO does it well.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
No stock is bad, much harder to aim. A top or side-folding stock would be nice. The short barrel is OK.

Sounds good.

Ok, I just found that the author managed several very impressive things: A. He wrote a good fanfic, and used good grammar. B. He wrote Buffy first-person very well. C. The military was portrayed correctly and competent. Pretty sure the author is current/former military, it's that good IMO. D. The crossovers work. It crosses over with Predator, Bourne, Hanna, Splinter Cell, The A-team, Bionic Man and Bionic Woman, The Exorsist (No, seriously) and a couple others and IMO does it well.
Okay, we'll go back to the Mossberg 500 JIC II, swap the Hi-Power clone with a SIG-Sauer P228, and replace the AK with the Colt Model 933. How's that?
Old 06-23-2013, 01:44 AM

Default Okay, I think I've finally got a good list

Primary Handguns: Duel SIG-Sauer P228s in 9mm Parabellum (one kept in hip holster, one in shoulder holster).

Assault Rifle: Colt Model 933 carbine in 5.56mm NATO.

Shotgun: 12-gauge Mossberg 500 JIC II (00 buckshot, pistol-grip modified to attached 6-position M4 stock).

Sub-Machine Gun: IMI Mini-Uzi in 9mm Parabellum.

Back-Up Guns: Walther PPS in 9mm Parabellum (8-round magazine, kept in "small-of-the-back" belt holster), Smith & Wesson Model 442 Airweight in .38 Special (+P loads, kept in ankle holster).

Other Weapons: Soviet NR-40 combat knife, Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife, Emerson folding combat karambit, Kubotan.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wingo View Post
Primary Handguns: Duel SIG-Sauer P228s in 9mm Parabellum (one kept in hip holster, one in shoulder holster).

Assault Rifle: Colt Model 933 carbine in 5.56mm NATO.

Shotgun: 12-gauge Mossberg 500 JIC II (00 buckshot, pistol-grip modified to attached 6-position M4 stock).

Sub-Machine Gun: IMI Mini-Uzi in 9mm Parabellum.

Back-Up Guns: Walther PPS in 9mm Parabellum (8-round magazine, kept in "small-of-the-back" belt holster), Smith & Wesson Model 442 Airweight in .38 Special (+P loads, kept in ankle holster).

Other Weapons: Soviet NR-40 combat knife, Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife, Emerson folding combat karambit, Kubotan.
Pretty good. But IMO only carry 1 P228 at a time.

Tags
armory, fanfiction, hanna