imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Its my preference, it doesnt need to be debated. But neither does 1911 vs glock but those threads go for ever....honestly i dont like manual safeties on DA guns.
I say the following with the most sincerity possible and I don't mean to offend.

The "it's my preference" "to each his own" deal only goes so far, and when you express your opinion to people and someone who has more experience than you in the subject and has come to a different conclusion, you better be ready to have a discussion.

To be honest I think that your opinion is based in theory more than anything, as in you haven't actually handled a slide mounted decocker/safety for an extended time. I don't know you or your experiences, but I say that because I know people who have and have not come to the conclusion you have, and frankly it sounds like some theoretical tactical community BS that one would say so that one could seem like they are in the know with regard to tactical-ness. What is your actual experience with slide mounted safeties?

You guys should know mine, I've owned two pistols with the feature, a Beretta and a 5906, and I've shot a few other Berettas too and have never had an accidental actuation nor have I felt it inconvenient when actually using it to safe or decock my pistol with my firing hand, or while slingshotting my gun's slide. Predator owns a gun with that feature, has owned others and also hasn't had that problem in his own practice. Have you had a problem in practice? Or is it just something you read or thought of as a means to (improperly) discount the design? The opinion that it is not a problem it our conclusion based on practice, what is yours? Do you have one? If you don't or it's not sufficient, then my opinion is greater than yours since one, I'm being objective, and two, because I have hands on experience rather than theory to go on and most people will agree that's worth more, or in short, your preference is "wrong" due to it's insufficient basis next to my more sufficient basis.

Seriously, what is your real experience? I'm not trying to be a jerk and say "hurr I have more experience than you shut up", I'm doing the exact opposite. I want to know what you actually know, do or have done so I can possibly appreciate your input, but you aren't giving me any evidence to support it. Do so, and if you don't have any and it's theoretical, your opinion is in fact wrong, or rather less sufficient, in that it's unfounded next to mine, Predator's and every other person who agrees with us based on their practical evidence rather than theoretical evidence.