imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I am talking about instantly changing it. Ejection port and all.
In my experience, even if they didn't make lefty ARs (which they do now), the AR is naturally a very ambidextrous platform as-is.

Quote:
Plenty of other rifles have proven themselves
Define "proven".

Quote:
isnt my biggest thing, Reliability, accuracy and features is,
AR has all of those.

Quote:
It just isnt the end all rifle,
It's about the closest thing so far.

Quote:
and Im not gonna automatically get something simply because its been around the block the longest,
Not just because it's been around the block the longest; because nothing else has displaced it yet, despite having equal opportunity to do so in a free-market society. Slight difference.

Quote:
im going to get whatever has a good fit, reliability, accuracy, and features. If somebody likes Ar15s, more power to them, they've just never caught on with me.
Again, AR has all of those things. They don't seem to have "caught on" with you because you seem too determined to be different (and I know you deny it, but as this point, it seems kinda hard to believe that's not your biggest motive, since you haven't listed a single grievance that sounds credible).

And yes, it is your choice what you want to buy. This is a free-market country, and you have the right to choose something else on the market. But if you really want to spend $1500+ on a new, unproven rifle that may be forgotten 10 years from now, instead of buying an AR-15 for half as much, and all for dubious reasons...then I reserve the right to tell you that you aren't making a wise buying decision.