Thread: Vietnam FPS
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
There are very few Vietnam games in this universe. Fewer of them are recent. Fewer still are free. And none of them are any good.

If you're looking for Vietnam games at all cost, a bunch came out in the mid X-Box days.

Shellshock Nam '76
Vietcong Purple Haze
Conflict: Vietnam
Men of Valor

As I understand it, the best one is Conflict: Vietnam, though it's still not particularly good(too easy, not very realistic). Shellshock Nam '76 is the darkest, lots of head popping what have you. Never played Purple Haze, matter of fact I don't think anybody did because I've never seen a review.
Men of Valor is boring. It's somewhat like Medal of Honor Pacific. Just about as boring, not very fun.

So..... yeah. There's Battlefield Vietnam? It's technically the best game but it doesn't really have much Vietnam flavor...

Straight up: You're screwed. They don't make Vietnam games very well at all.
IMO, Vietcong: Purple Haze was by far the best out of all of the Vietnam games in terms of gameplay. The graphics were a bit dated (even for the time) but the single-player campaign had an interesting storyline, the weapons were fairly realistic and the multiplayer was pretty fun.