View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Yet it's okay that the Pentagon ordered one SEAL to reveal similarly-secret information for Zero Dark Thirty, apparently.

And Warfighter was a damn fine game, IMO.
I crossed Warfighter off of my list after I played the beta. I knew that they were going to go the Call of Duty route and focus on multiplayer...but Jesus, I wasn't expecting a full-bore screw-up like that. Nothing felt like it was weighted properly, it took entirely too many rounds to down one person, you didn't get enough ammo to actually do anything, and the menus were probably the most confusing I've ever used in a game. So now I'm waiting for a major price cut to even pick up the game for it's single player, and wondering if I should even do that, given everything I've heard about that aspect.

On a related note, I'm starting to formulate a theory about EA games. The quality of their games is directly inverse to the amount of advertising they put into it. The less I hear about one of their games, the better it actually is. If they start launching a full-on advertising blitz, it's probably gonna suck. Also, I'm real wary of ANY game that has Frostbite 2 as a selling point.