View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Metal of Honor was very generic and didn't present anything new to the modern warfare gaming table. MW2 broke records and it did a lot of things right. That said, the story was the only thing stupid about it. The controls were smooth and gameplay was not this laggy interrupting and distracting piece of shit that is Black Ops. Sure the game is fine now, but day one, Black Ops was annoying the hell out of me
Let me clarify.

MW2 works best when you stick with the campaign or Spec Ops modes. Yeah, the story's kinda ridiculous, but it's fun to watch. The multiplayer, however, fails hard. To be fair, it didn't at first, but once all of the knifing and other exploits became widespread, playing through stopped being enjoyable and became a overtly frustrating job.

Medal of Honor might not bring much to the table, but it does so in a much more satisfying manner. For one thing, there's no more of that whole "knifing from across the map" BS. If you want to score a knife kill, you have to do it the old-fashioned way. There's also very little in the way of boosting, which was another cancer across nearly every MW2 match I played after about December of last year. Story-wise, Medal of Honor's better in that regard too. The only issues I have with it are polish-wise - the game needed a few more months in the oven.